Thread: RIP Ennio Morricone

RIP Ennio Morricone

A maestro passes at 91.
    I used to think that Led Zeppelin epitomized musical power on a stage until I saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFpaCMRWgU

"Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Blog Entries
    I have some Morricone in the music library. A favorite is "Yo Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone".

The music from Once Upon a Time in America is truly haunting. I mean that in a good way.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It's all fine stuff. My own favorite is his score for Cinema Paradiso. Love the film ,too. Seen it many times. For a few
    days after , I'm whistling the theme. So in the grocery store; people stop pushing their carts, start to cry while
    applauding my spontaneous gift of music....that's when I turn on the speed and get the best check-out line !!

I agree. Incredible composer. His scores are embedded in my mind forever. His music flows so deep inside to the core of me. As a child, from the moment I first heard Once Upon a Time in the West, it gave me chills, and to this day, I hear that music and it still gives me chills up my arms.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I kept waiting for Clint Eastwood to ride onto stage!
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    A maestro passes at 91.
    I used to think that Led Zeppelin epitomized musical power on a stage until I saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFpaCMRWgU
    He was very popular in Brazil in the 1960s and 1970s... as well spaghetti westerns. He is part of my childhood!

RIP.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

I just watched Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion yesterday. An incredible score. Morricone included the main theme in his series of live Orchestra shows, which ran around 4 years ago. For me, hearing that theme was a gateway into seeking out this brilliant work of satire.