Thread: 3rd Stall 13-15' x 52' setup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3rd Stall 13-15' x 52' setup

Our 24x26 garage currently has my 15' tracksaw table, miter stand, 2 festool cross cut tables, family stuff, kids stuff. Our minivan and truck get parked outside, ALL YEAR LONG. We live in Wisconsin, so snowblowing with 2 cars in the driveway is a pain. Not having a tablesaw is a pain. When i heard from a buddy that my 13-15' x 52' 3rd stall addition on my garage would only cost $20-25,000, i jumped at it. The builder can't do it until spring, so i'm planning things.

I've got a pretty detailed plan that i've tried to post a few times to this thread. This forum seems to handle photos differently than i'm used to. The photo is either HUGE, or teeny tiny. Can somebody help me? is there a certain size I should be using? I either attach the picture, or paste it, and then it says the text i've entered is too long like it converted my photo to text.

EDIT: I guess its attached as a thumbnail.........
    10 outlets in ceiling for LED shop lights on 4 way switch, fully insulated with 2" insulated garage doors. No windows, but 2 large skylights for natural light.

~So the green thing is a mobile parts washer, got my truck,
    ~the red thing is a possible 2 post Rotary car lift. Not sure if I'm installing that or not.
    ~The small blue things are 2 air purifiers, i've got a smaller WEN brand one, was going to get another large WEN.
    ~Large Blue thing is a sealed combusion HotDawg heater. Not sure if I should do 75,100, 125k BTU....
    ~Compressor in the corner.
    ~Oneida V3000 dust collector in another. Having a small utility sink installed next to the Rado pipe.

~Gray thing is the new location of surface mounted subpanel so I can easily add more circuits.
    ~Salmon colored box is my toolbox, blue thing will be a 28k BTU window air conditioner framed into the wall like some apartments do.
    ~Long gray thing with purple boxes will be some kind of mitersaw station with some other bench tools like an oscilating belt sander, maybe my drill press.
    ~Larger purple box is a future jointer that I can move around.

~Big yellow-ish box is the space needed for some kind of sliding table saw. it of course won't be that big, but need that space for sliding and the material. I can slide the wagon forward if I'm working on the car lift.

~Other purple boxes are for stuff like mobile planer, maybe a band saw, router table.

i NEED:
    Some kind of assembly table for sure, that'll be on wheels. Shelving, cabinets, some kind of material rack probably to the left of the tool box.

Other than not doing the car lift (which i might not do anyway) and parking my truck outside for more shop space. What do you guys think?

3rd stall.jpg
    Last edited by Jon Steffen; 07-03-2020 at 10:58 PM.