Thread: Bosch ROS65VC or a Bosch GET75-6N

Blog Entries

Bosch ROS65VC or a Bosch GET75-6N

I'm going to get a new orbital sander and I wanted to get your thoughts on which. I do realize these two models have some substantial differences.

I have a couple of the standard 5" palm sanders (Dewalt and Ryobi) which work well. I'm looking to upgrade to include better dust collection and performance.

I haven't used the 6" varieties and I'm hoping the 6" Bosch GET75-6N could basically replace my old PC belt sander.

I like the Bosch ROS65VC and I can get 5" and 6" pads for it so it has the advantage of using up my 5" pads.

The ROS65VC is a less powerful sander than the GET75-6N and I'm thinking it may disappoint in terms of replacing the belt sander.

If you have any experience or thoughts with these 2 sanders or the difference in the larger more powerful 6" orbital sanders (I'd call almost a "2-hand") versus the 5"/6" versions then I'd like to hear.

Blog Entries
    The ROS65 has an orbit radius of 2 mm vs. 4.5 mm for the GET75, so the ROS will be a better finish sander. I've got an old 5" Dewalt & picked up an ROS65 a couple of years ago. The Bosch is very, very smooth and much more powerful than the Dewalt. It's so much better & nicer to use that I rarely use the Dewalt anymore. It is taller & heavier, but is easily used one handed on horizontal surfaces. Extended use on vertical or overhead surfaces will take two hands.

I've never used the GET75, but have heard that in rotary mode it's very aggressive, but in ROS mode it is good, but not great for finish sanding.

The ROS65 will not replace a belt sander.

Have you considered the Bosch GET65-5N (5" version of GET75-6N sander)? The GET65-5N has a 6.5A motor, compared to the 3.3A motor on the ROS65VC.

I have no experience with these sanders, but I have been looking at the GET65-5N, since I have another, lighter, 5" sander and sharing the discs would be beneficial. They all seem to get good reviews.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I have the ROS65vc works well for material removal and finish sanding in my opinion. I don't love the size and ergonomics though.

My comments are the same as Frank's. The ROS6VC is a great ROS with excellent on board dust collection (tops in a FWW review several years ago), and includes a coupler so you can hook it up to a vacuum if desired. It has amazingly low vibration and produces a finish better than I can by hand. It is not going to replace a belt sander, however. My friend has the prior version of the GET75-6N. It is a beast and can really hog off material in the orbital mode. He gets very nice finishes with it in ROS mode, too, but I think the ROS65VC still has the advantage in ease of use and finish quality.

John

Blog Entries
    Thanks all!!!
    Based on the comments I decided to order the ROS65VC-6 and a 5” pad with it.
    The GET75 looks like it could replace my belt sander but it sounds like I’ll get more use out of the ROS65.