Thread: Felder AD751 feel roller breakdown

Felder AD751 feel roller breakdown

Hi guys, I bought a felder AD751 a few years ago, its a great machine but shortly after I bought it I realized that the rubber rollers. Mostly the infeed roller was breaking down and chunking out. once it starts slipping a tiny bit on the feed wood, it will stop and the roller will just self destruct and the soft rubber will just disintigrate and it sticks everywhere, it almost is like sap once it breaks down. I use glidecote among other surface lubricants regularly.

My question is more about replacing or resurfacing the roller.
    1) does anyone have the manual or parts diagram for the ad741/751?
    2) does anyone have experience removing the rollers,how big of a PITA is it?
    3) what are my replacement options, I almost with I had the metal feed rollers.

Western Roller is one outfit that can recover your rollers. I don't think the Glidecoat is the problem. I replaced some old blue polyurethane rollers that had deteriorated from age to the point they were practically melting. (As opposed to those stock tan rollers that just get harder.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Western Roller is one outfit that can recover your rollers. I don't think the Glidecoat is the problem. I replaced some old blue polyurethane rollers that had deteriorated from age to the point they were practically melting. (As opposed to those stock tan rollers that just get harder.)
    Are you saying glide coat eats them.

I have steel on my Felder but plan to replace it about this time next year if not sooner..
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 07-03-2020 at 8:30 AM.

Western roller will not do anything wider than 12"

Literally 100s of places in the country that will strip and recover rolls with rubber or urethane.

Last set of rolls I did, cost more for shipping both ways than the recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Western roller will not do anything wider than 12"

Literally 100s of places in the country that will strip and recover rolls with rubber or urethane.

Last set of rolls I did, cost more for shipping both ways than the recovering.
    I had infeed and outfeed rollers recovered by Western Roller with their yellow urethane. They are 20” long.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Is this a power feeder on a table saw or maybe its a planner. Does it really need rubber or would striations be okay.
    Maybe just sandblast the surface for more grip
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 07-04-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    I had infeed and outfeed rollers recovered by Western Roller with their yellow urethane. They are 20” long.
    Maybe they slipped on a couple sections, but they do not lay it up on the shaft. Just had this conversation with them a couple months ago when I needed planer rollers redone.

guess I should call western, and also some other places.

Does anyone have the manual or parts diagrams for a felder ad751 or 741?

Blog Entries
    The manuals are on the Felder Owners Group manuals page. If not a member you should join....

https://groups.io/g/felderownersgroup/files/Manuals%20&%20Drawings

What country? Not knowing that I recommend you talk to local print shops and ask them where they get their rollers recovered.
    I would think you live where there are a lot of rubber makers so it should not be too hard to find someone near you.
    A lot of rubber goods in the USA come from Indonesia and Malayasia near you.
    Bill D.
    USA

My second goggle hit looks promising since they mention roller recovering in rubber or PU

http://www.njrp.com.my/
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 07-04-2020 at 2:29 PM.