Thread: k40 laser

k40 laser

I am looking at buying a K40 laser off of ebay and seeing the thousands of them listed, I was wondering if someone had a recommendation on which one to look at over the others. I have been using cnc routers for quite awhile but don't know much about lasers. I understand that the K40 is a no frills, bare bones machine that needs upgrades right out of the box. It is the only one that is in my budget right now and I just want to use it to expand on my capabilities with my other cnc and use it to learn with until I can move up to a better machine. It is going to be a hobbyist machine and I am fully aware that it is not a great machine.

Looking for a little guidance to figure out which one might be best to use as a starting platform.

It a terrible machine, poor design, software is junk and its a general POS. But people buy them and put hundreds of dollars and lots of time. If you have nothing else to do with your time go for it. Some folks will come on here and give you lots of free advice how they fixed it up so it runs great.

If you want a decent machine to use and create things instead of banging your head against the wall. Lightobject, Automation Technologies and Ray Scott selling at Rabbit Laser USA.
    Last edited by Bill George; 07-03-2020 at 7:48 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I know of it's downside and it is going to take work. It is the only option for me, the others are out of my budget for any time soon. I ordered one the other night and waiting for it's arrival so I can tear it apart and upgrade it. If I find that a laser will really help me out then I will upgrade in the future when funds allow