Thread: Happy Canada Day, Canada!

Happy Canada Day, Canada!

Glad to be neighbors with you!
    All the best,
    Fred

[For those who dont know, this from wikipedia: "On July 1, 1867, Canada became a self-governing dominion of Great Britain and a federation of four provinces: Nova Scotia; New Brunswick; Ontario; and Quebec. The anniversary of this date was called Dominion Day until 1982. Since 1983, July 1 has been officially known as Canada Day."]
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks! It’s a quiet event this year with most festivities cancelled due to Covid-19. I was happy to be able to have my family home and celebrate together.

Many thanks Fred. We probably know a lot more about you than you know about us, we spend a lot of time looking over the fence at you guys, there always seems to be something going on.

Thanks Fred. This year it kinda,no fireworks or anything.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-03-2020 at 7:35 AM.

Yeah,

Why is that, not you looking over but us always having something going on.

Freaking America..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hennebury View Post
    Many thanks Fred. We probably know a lot more about you than you know about us, we spend a lot of time looking over the fence at you guys, there always seems to be something going on.

Got a feeling Mark might have put it differently if he thought about it.
    I also spent a quiet Canada Day, it being raining in Vancouver, and waaaaay cooler than normal temperatures.
    I also spend a lot of time looking over the fence; I have children and grandchildren in Greater Los Angeles (the county). Also, my investment portfolio is largely $US, so it pays me to be aware of the fun and games.
    Having said that, our politicians a a pale shadow of yours' "flamboyance", and rugged individuality of states leadership. We do happen to have the benefit of a caring health care system.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday Canada. Wish we could come visit.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks Fred, Happy July 4 to you.

Lee, we wish you could visit as well.....Regards, Rod.

In addition to Happy Canada Day, here's congratulations on your handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, at least so far.
    I read a recent report about how Canada has "crushed the curve". They attribute the success to the public coming together with solidarity, and a strong health care system. Closing the border surely helped a lot too.
    Friends and family in Ontario report a daily life much closer to normal than the one we are experiencing here in Arizona, where our hospital system is very close to being overrun.
    Kudos Canucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    In addition to Happy Canada Day, here's congratulations on your handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, at least so far.
    I read a recent report about how Canada has "crushed the curve". They attribute the success to the public coming together with solidarity, and a strong health care system. Closing the border surely helped a lot too.
    Friends and family in Ontario report a daily life much closer to normal than the one we are experiencing here in Arizona, where our hospital system is very close to being overrun.
    Kudos Canucks!
    Edwin, sometimes boring is good
    Hope you and your family are well in this pandemic........regards, Rod.