Thread: Is Online Industrial Supply Corporation still in Business?

Is Online Industrial Supply Corporation still in Business?

Did 180$ sandpaper roll order on their site over the weekend, confirmation email, but no order status, no tracking #. They don't answer the phone, and when I emailed, got an auto-reply saying I'm #242 in the queue. Checked their website domain, it expired last year! (2019-10-30T). Now when I click on the order link status in my email, page doesn't even load. I know a lot of folks here get sandpaper from them, any body else order from them? I get there's covid delays, but I'm a little suspicious I just burned 180$ on a closed business that never shut off their web site.

My last order from them was April 25th and they shipped April 28th.

The current expiration for onlineindustrialsupply.com is 10/30/2020

Super Grit is a great company. I get all my sandpaper from them. They're website isn't the greatest, but just send an email or phone call to them and they'll be happy to help. Great prices and selection too.

Blog Entries
    Ouch. Hope that works out OK. The internet started spiraling into toilet in the early 2000's. It was painful to watch. I question everything and only interact or provide info / purchase data to long term relationships. This is too bad as anyone who has come along in the last decade or so doesn't get much attention from me unless they have proven themselves elsewhere. Play safe.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yeah, I just learned 180$ lesson. Never again am I buying anything online that doesn't answer the phone. Recently got something from Jessem and Woodpecker, both answered emails promptly and both called me when I requested more details. Made purchase at end of call!

Yeah, the supergrit website isn't the easiest to figure out. There's some guy in Florida famous for his custom bandsaw parts that refuses to have an online presence and his catalog costs 60$.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Colson View Post
    There's some guy in Florida famous for his custom bandsaw parts that refuses to have an online presence and his catalog costs 60$.
    You're not talking about Iturra Design, are you? The couple times Ive requested a catalog, I dont remember paying anything for it, much less $60.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Yes that's the name! I saw on some bandsaw forum that someone had to buy his catalog. This was a few years ago, is he still in business?

Louis is a great guy that offers an excellent service to delta (and other) bandsaw owners. Please don’t bash him if you don’t know anything about him or his business. Can YOU really blame him for not wanting a website after your debacle?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Louis is a great guy that offers an excellent service to delta (and other) bandsaw owners.
    +1. Good man. Solid reputation.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 07-13-2020 at 1:54 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    +1. Good man. Solid reputation.
    I've heard same, he knows more about bandsaws than the bandsaw manufacturers. Has he come out with a new catalog in recent years?

He comes out with a new catalog every season every year I think. And it’s not $60, it’s free. Just call him and ask for one. Where are you getting your information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Colson View Post
    Yeah, I just learned 180$ lesson. Never again am I buying anything online that doesn't answer the phone. Recently got something from Jessem and Woodpecker, both answered emails promptly and both called me when I requested more details. Made purchase at end of call!

Yeah, the supergrit website isn't the easiest to figure out. There's some guy in Florida famous for his custom bandsaw parts that refuses to have an online presence and his catalog costs 60$.
    How did you pay?If you used a credit card, have you talked to the credit card company? I'd think you should be able to get your $180 back.

I'm more than a bit unhappy about the posts by the OP.
    The onlineindustrialsupply.com domain did not expire as alleged, their website loads fine, and referring to them as a closed business is just wrong.
    To confirm this I placed an order this morning and received a confirmation email immediately. The status link in the email goes to the proper status page. Note that they use a Yahoo store which has nothing to do with their domain. If that does not load for you, blame yourself since the problem is certainly not with OIS and it is highly unlikely that Yahoo is down.
    I see that my order has already shipped and I have a UPS tracking number.
    They may be short staffed and/or limited hours due to COVID and some items may be backordered but they are clearly still operating.
    I get that you might have concerns but don't hurt legit businesses with what seems to be unfounded accusations. Times are tough enough for them (and us of course) right now.
    Last edited by Roger Bull; 07-17-2020 at 1:41 AM. Reason: Edited to tone it down a bit...

Yesterday I emailed OIS and asked them if they were still in business. I mentioned that there was a forum thread that suggested they were not.
    Today I received this reply:
    "Hello,

It sounds like our competition is desperate and starting false rumors about us. We are very much still in business.

Best Regards,
    Customer Service
    Online Industrial Supply"