Thread: Loud beep sound from Speed Queen washer

Loud beep sound from Speed Queen washer

Been back and forth with this new Speed Queen top load washer, since before the Corona Virus Pandemic happened. Now, lately, a loud beep sound mid way through the fill up of the Washer happens, and then the whole machine shuts down. Can't restart it unless I unplug it and let it sit for about 30 seconds and plug it back in. Aggravating to say the least !!! Any clue as to what could be causing this ? Takes forever to fill up. Filles up fast at first, then I heard some sort of bump like sound and the water comes in at a trickle. Filters are clean. No problem with water pressure in any of the other lines or faucets.

Blog Entries
    How old is the washer?

Have you searched the make and model for a technical manual?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Brand new washer. Manual says nothing about a beep sound , and the repair man never heard of something like that .

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    Brand new washer. Manual says nothing about a beep sound , and the repair man never heard of something like that .
    So it should still be under full warranty; contact your vendor for how to proceed. It’s not your problem to fix, it’s theirs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    So it should still be under full warranty; contact your vendor for how to proceed. It’s not your problem to fix, it’s theirs.
    My answer is the same as Doug's. It might be worth a call to the maker's toll free number.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I live in dread of a problem like this in my brand new whirlpool washer.
    It sounds like an electronics problem to me; I’ve had beeps and warnings from my computerized drier many times but it was usually a sensor problem and after a “rest” period it worked fine.
    Still, the other respondents are right; contact the company. They may have a series of diagnostic tests you can perform to isolate the problem.
    Changing the washers, etc. could be a good first step.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Blog Entries
    Just for curiosity have all the shipping braces to lock the tub in place during shipment been removed? You should be able to move the tub around side to side and front to rear if they are all removed.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Clarence - I would disconnect the water feed hoses at the point off connection to backside of machine... check for good flow output... also confirm that if there are little screen filters inside the machine input threaded nipples they are not plugged w debris... may need a mirror to see in there

In your OP it sounds like at least one of them may be plugged.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me