Thread: Lee Valley US returns during quarantine

Lee Valley US returns during quarantine

Hello,

Has anyone tried to return anything during the quarantine to Lee Valley?

They are taking forever to refund me right now and when I contacted the customer service the person said they are delayed on processing which I completely understand just wondering if anyone is having a similar experience and how long before they processed your return.

Thanks, Rob

Hi,

Yes, I returned something for replacement when it was damaged in shipment. Weeks later I hadn’t heard anything so contacted them. They very graciously replied that they had no record of my return, but would send me a replacement anyway. Now it was a very small item, but still a nice and typical LV gesture. They, like many, are experiencing covid challenges now due to staffing and shipping, but they are the same wonderful bunch of people.

Thanks.
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    They have notices posted on their website about delays in just about everything. I was able to return something to the store & of course got my refund right away. Just have to have extra patience. No one is going to get the shaft from these people.

Reduced staffing is affecting many businesses with regards to things like processing returns, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had to return something as well and it took much longer than usual. I called and they were helpful in their explanation. It all worked out perfectly. I know that some places have a protocol of isolating return items for a period of time before they are handled by staff. I don’t know if LV has something similar but in any case, staffing levels and Covid have made things a challenge I think.

On Friday, I got a package that the site said was backordered til end of July. Suggests that it is pretty difficult to plan and operate during the crises. Still one of my favorite businesses of all time.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    They have notices posted on their website about delays in just about everything. I was able to return something to the store & of course got my refund right away. Just have to have extra patience. No one is going to get the shaft from these people.
    +1. This was posted a week ago on their site. LINK
    Sounds like they're doing the best they can with order processing. So I wouldn't expect returns to go a whole lot quicker. Like Frank said, you won't get the shaft here.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 06-30-2020 at 6:53 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Early this month I ordered a set of router plane blades on my phone and the next day mistakenly ordered them again on my laptop. Senior moment. When the second set (promptly) arrived I retraced my steps and discovered my error. I emailed Lee Valley and they were courteous and helpful. Return was super simple: I just printed a prepaid USPS return label and sent it back. The refund happened in a few days.

Lee Valley has exceeded my expectations several times since March of this year. They’ve made me a loyal customer. If they have run into some delays for some of us here, I recommend we try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It can’t be easy running an international business with all the disruptions this year has brought.

I been a fan of Lee Valley for several year now and spent a lot of money with them, but never returned anything. And to be honest returning anything by mail is a strange process for me still and considering it was an expensive item had me concerned.

But tracking shows it was delivered in Reno, So I will just wait it out.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    I emailed Lee Valley and they were courteous and helpful. Return was super simple: I just printed a prepaid USPS return label and sent it back...
    Lee Valley actually makes it easier than that to return something. They include a return items form and a pre-printed, pre-paid return label with every order. No need to email them for return authorization or print the label.