Hi all,

I have a Stihl 041AV that I bought when I was 17. It has been a tank. Rebuilt once and I finally had to put a new bar on it because I wore the other bar out completely. (but kept it as the Stihl dealer keeps trying to get me to contact Stihl and see if they would take in it and give me a modern saw because it is so old) - but it is a good friend to me.

That being said, I have just purchased an overgrown piece of property that has lots of small trees, etc. that have been allowed to grow up and the 41 is just to big to carry all over the property triming off stuff that barely warranty a touch of throttle.

So I have been looking for a smaller saw from Stihl or possibly Husqvarna and I am really struggling. I am not sure I want a top-handle saw - but I definitely want one that is 10lbs or less. the MS-200 is too much $ for the work I will put it to. I have the 41 for anything more than 8-10 inches.

I have looked at the 151 (dealers only seem to stock the T model, if they can get one is stock)

I looked also at the 194 (again, I can only find it in the T model) and was all set to buy one until I noticed the PLASTIC bucking teeth.... Really? And no way to replace them short of replacing the entire shroud and there is no part number for just the shroud according to the dealer. And I doubt they would have much "bite" anyway.

So now I am back on the hunt.

I don't want anything of less durability that the 41 has given me - and I don't need a new saw that can handle more than a 14" bar as I have a big saw already.

So far I am not finding a good match, so I thought I would pose the question here. to me, it seems like there is a gap in the Stihl and Husqvarna line ups for a heavy-duty 12-14" bar saw that is not a "t" model.

I welcome all suggestions.

Regards,