Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent saws

Hi Rafael.
    In the last 2 months or so I have made 21 saws of different types, styles and sizes. That's a record for me. If I am not at work, that pays the bills, I am at work in my little shop. If all I did was make one saw I could make more of them faster. I do tend to do things in batches, but as life dictates, I do not have a CNC of any kind. ( yet ) So all my saws are rasped, sanded, and filed by hand. Besides...I am old and slow. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Ron, I didn't mean to imply you were slacking off, but since you said you wished you had kept the ebony handled ones... Pretty soon you will be like Bill Carter, bidding on his own planes at auctions to try to buy them back

Would love to have owned one of the ebony saws, however you have my order for a new saw...looking forward to it getting into my shop.

No offense take at all. Just babbling. Bouncing around like a pin ball lately.

can you explain what is the value of piercings? cosmetic only?
    loops, just for show?
    gorgeous saws...
    what is cutting depth of the 18" at the handle?

Hi Bill.
    The piercings are just cosmetic, unless you tie a string to them to hold a tooth guard on. They are high enough on the plate not to interfere with anything. As with the single, double, triple loops. Just cosmetic/ style. The distance under the tote on the half back is approx. 3".
    Best wishes

Ron, ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Beautiful craftsmanship. Patrick