Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Festool Sander

the 150 (6") sanders will result in a flatter surface and you will be able to work faster. I choose all 6". I have the Rotex150 and both the 3mm orbit and 5mm orbit ETS150. I only use the Rotex with coarse paper to hog material off. The ETS are a joy to use. Unless you really need a smaller disc consider the 6".

A lot of people have more than one. Is there a single, all purpose Festool ROS?

Not really. They are designed and sized for different tasks. For instance, a painter might only have a DTS400 for casing prep until they need a LS130 for profiles until they need a Rotex for stripping off varnish until they need a ETS for true finish sanding a large surface...

As I said earlier, either the 125 or 150 size of the ETS and ETS EC series are well suited to woodworking. I have an ETS 150/5 and a ETS 150/3 for different grits on large surfaces. I also have a Rotex 150 for aggressive sanding and stripping. As well as a Rotex 90 with an interface pad for sculpting and then sanding live edges. And truthfully, several more for other specialized tasks including the RST & DTS 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Adams View Post
    Not really. They are designed and sized for different tasks.
    That's what I figured based on the answers.

My 10 year old Milwaukee is on it's last legs and I'm looking for its replacement. I'm trying to make this a $150-$250 problem, not a $500 ($750?) problem, so I'd like a good quality all around ROS.

Maybe look at a Bosch then or a Japanese made Makita.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Adams View Post
    Maybe look at a Bosch then or a Japanese made Makita.
    Right. If money is an issue, those are good choices.