Thread: my TV has developed a bright spot.

Blog Entries

my TV has developed a bright spot.

Out of the blue overnight my Samsung tv has developed a bright spot on the screen.
    20200625_193847.jpg
    Apparently one of the led diffuser lenses has come loose, this is a fairly common problem with led TV's. I've found several videos of people doing the repair. I don't know if any "professional" technicians do this type of work. It seems like the kind of job that has a high potential for failure for even a competent inexperienced person. Have any of you done this procedure?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 06-26-2020 at 8:31 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Sorry, no help here. That's a stinky deal. I'd try the repair because it would drive me insane watching that. But ya, high risk of failure I suspect.

And while you are in there it may be a good idea to reglue them all if they are not too hard to get too after it is opened up.
    Bil lD

How big a TV? I might try it on a 40" or smaller, but the logistics could get out of hand quickly on a really big one.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Out of the blue overnight my Samsung tv has developed a bright spot on the screen.
    20200625_193847.jpg
    Apparently one of the led diffuser lenses has come loose, this is a fairly common problem with led TV's. I've found several videos of people doing the repair. I don't know if any "professional" technicians do this type of work. It seems like the kind of job that has a high potential for failure for even a competent inexperienced person. Have any of you done this procedure?
    You might try gently massaging the screen area around the bright spot, with content on the screen showing clearly where it is.