A member of the TDPRI forum (Telecaster and related primary focus forum) put together a "Brotherhood Build" event which encouraged participants to do a new build within 90 days of start, ostensibly using stuff on hand where possible, but not required. There have been some amazing guitar builds, mostly electrics, but some acoustic instruments, too. This one was my "entry" and has koa caps front and back with a sapele neck and and Indian Rosewood fretboard. Finish is Target Coatings EM6000 finished out with MicroMesh to 12000. I chose not to buff this body. While there is still some setup work to do for intonation, etc., this is otherwise pretty much done. BTW, the koa was ~25" thick strips in the $2 a pound bin at Hearne Hardwoods...IE, the leftovers from their cutting of premo instrument sets. That sapwood drew me in big-time!

IMG_7810.jpg IMG_7811.jpg IMG_7812.jpg

The design is somewhat based on the Music Man Albert Lee instrument with my headstock design. This was my original sketch before working it out in Aspire and cutting on the CNC:

MM-Lee-JB.jpg