Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Have My Serious Doubts

To tie this in with another thread I would use bulb grease on the connections to reduce the corrosion over 50,000 years.
    Bill D

Some people with certain types of Dyslexia are unable to read an analog clock. Even verbally, saying quarter to two means nothing to them, it simply does not compute. Digital clocks are a blessing to them.

BTW, I actually use an old 'flip clock', in my car barn. It was my fathers, and I found it in a box of items from his home office. Still runs fine, but a pain to set.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Some people with certain types of Dyslexia are unable to read an analog clock. Even verbally, saying quarter to two means nothing to them, it simply does not compute. Digital clocks are a blessing to them.

BTW, I actually use an old 'flip clock', in my car barn. It was my fathers, and I found it in a box of items from his home office. Still runs fine, but a pain to set.

I think that would actually be "discalculia" which is not as well regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post

Wow. I've been thinking of buying one. That brings up an interesting question, though. How do you set those?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Wow. I've been thinking of buying one. That brings up an interesting question, though. How do you set those?
    The old "flip clocks" had a knob on the side that allowed you to advance the time. It would only advance forward, IIRC, since the mechanism would not let it go backward. Setting the clock back an hour was a pain (forward 11 hours).

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Quote Originally Posted by Andy D Jones View Post
    The old "flip clocks" had a knob on the side that allowed you to advance the time. It would only advance forward, IIRC, since the mechanism would not let it go backward. Setting the clock back an hour was a pain (forward 11 hours).

-- Andy - Arlington TX
    I've had both rotating cylinder clocks and flip clocks. I always liked the little sound the flip clocks made when the time changed.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andy D Jones View Post

-- Andy - Arlington TX
    When I had one of those flip clocks, I'd unplug it for a bit more than an hour to set the time back. Then advance it to the correct time.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    When I had one of those flip clocks, I'd unplug it for a bit more than an hour to set the time back. Then advance it to the correct time.

Mike
    Just goes to show you, there's more than one way to skin a cat!

Sometimes it FELT like it took an hour to advance the clock 11 hours...

-- Andy - Arlington TX

That is the reason big clock tower clocks run a fraction slow, never fast.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Just went looking a direct replacement LED tubes. Home Depot carries the ETi brand, two tubes for about $16. But here's the killer. Life expectancy 50,000 YEARS. I doubt that!

It's a misprint. it's Home Depot.

It's 50,000 light years, which is the distance you have to walk to find an employee at Home Depot

Regards, Rod.