Thread: Anyone turn photos into good graphics for lasering for fee?

Anyone turn photos into good graphics for lasering for fee?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a person, service or website that accepts photos and uses photograv and/or Photoshop to turn photos into laser ready high quality graphics. I have some photos I would like to pay someone to alter to come out better and would love to find someone who can convert.. do you have to have photograv in order to convert a photo or can you use photograv to set up then transfer file to lightburn?

I plan on getting photograv likely soon but I don't have the time right now to learn any other program and I need to laser a few prototype items for a big customer. And I'm at about 6 months into learning Adobe programs, 2 months of lightburn and 3 months of pt lasering, so I'm still new, (but had to jump at opportunity that presented itself.)

Thank you!

Below is a link to Universal's 1-touch photo web page, right at the top it says 'download 30 day free trial'...

https://www.ulsinc.com/discover-uls-...ch-laser-photo

Download it and run it. There's nothing to learn, really. Here's my plan of attack:

-determine if the engraving will be lighter or darker than the wood itself-
    -change the photo to grayscale-
    -if it will engrave lighter, then make it a negative image-
    -if it will engrave darker, leave it be-
    -you want the photo as close to actual engraved size as you can so if possible, resize it-
    -adjust the contrast and brightness to make the light's lighter and the dark's a bit darker-
    -start the 1-touch program, open the pic file, choose the "wood" option, run it, save it, engrave it...

it's surprising how easy it is, as are the results in most cases...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Are you still looking help, PM me I may be able to help
    joe

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Lovell View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of a person, service or website that accepts photos and uses photograv and/or Photoshop to turn photos into laser ready high quality graphics. I have some photos I would like to pay someone to alter to come out better and would love to find someone who can convert.. do you have to have photograv in order to convert a photo or can you use photograv to set up then transfer file to lightburn?

I plan on getting photograv likely soon but I don't have the time right now to learn any other program and I need to laser a few prototype items for a big customer. And I'm at about 6 months into learning Adobe programs, 2 months of lightburn and 3 months of pt lasering, so I'm still new, (but had to jump at opportunity that presented itself.)

Thank you!
    Honestly, if you've already got LightBurn, you have everything you need to laser them. Import the image, then go into the settings for the Image in LightBurn and you can select your "Image Mode" There have been some amazing photos done by people using GreyScale settings. With the image selected, you can go to the Shape Properties and adjust your gamma, contrast, brightness as well there. You can really do everything natively in LightBurn that you can do in something like photograv now. Just takes some experimentation. I know that Oz has done a couple of videos outlining the details as well.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Interesting joins and sets up a business contact.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 06-30-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

that shouldn't be allowed unless they become a contributor
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Not even if they're a contributor.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Szegda View Post
    Are you still looking help, PM me I may be able to help
    joe

I think you have to be a contributor to send and receive PM's
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander