Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone Cartridge Filters

Cyclone Cartridge Filters

Due to an ongoing remodel at my house Upstate I’ll no longer be able to vent outside and have found a great source for cyclone and other pleated type cartridges, just thought I’d mention.

12.74" OD x 8.375" ID x 26"L / Nanofiber / MERV 15 / 226 sq ft media / open both ends - $96.96
    https://www.industrialcartridgefilters.com/Clark+Filters+NF20009.html

12.74" OD x 8.375" ID x 30"L / Nanofiber / MERV 15 / 260 sq ft media / open both ends - $103.36
    https://www.industrialcartridgefilte...s+NF20011.html

12.74" OD x 8.375" ID x 39"L / Nanofiber / MERV 15 / 340 sq ft media / 14" x 16" flange - $184.32
    https://www.industrialcartridgefilte...s+NF40005.html

Shipping is pretty reasonable with these guys as well, $23 for the NF2011 I just ordered. If I find it drags the airflow too much, I’d be cheap enough to add a second in a stacked configuration.

Cross-reference for Donaldson Torit replacement sizes here: https://camfilapc.com/retrofit-filters/donaldson-torit/
    Spun-bond Nanofilter replacement part numbers begin with “NF”.

Not understanding this choice, it's for external pressure, internal vacuum:
    NF20011 DETAILS
    OEM Make: Clark
    Part Number: NF20011
    Dimensions: 8.38 x 12.74 x 30
    Outside Diameter: 12.74"
    Length: 30.00"
    Inside Diameter: 8.38"
    Top: Open
    Bottom: Open
    Shape: Round
    Approx. Square Footage of Filter Media: 253
    Notes: The media for this Clark dust collector filter is Nanofiber. (Select the Nanofiber version from the dropdown box above.) Nanofiber is best to filter laser/plasma smoke and dust, oily weld fumes, and powder and dry chemical processing. If you are just collecting general manufacturing dust then selecting 80/20 cellulose/polyester media on this filter can save you some money. Give us a call at (866) 393-0297 and we can help you determine the proper filter media for your application.

Sorry, forgot to mention that these should be ordered over the phone from ACS. Part numbers and pricing all the same for the above filters, just need to specify “reverse flow” when ordering so filter media is oriented correctly.

Thanks for the source. I forget how these prices compare to Wynn. I replaced my old filter stack with a Wynn last year. After having it for a year, i really wish someone made a double-flange filter. Would make it much easier to connect it in an airtight manner to a cleanout box. I think the suggestion of a 5 gallon bucket on the end of a $200-300 filter to be dumb.

Significantly less expensive than Wynn. I was ready to put down $200 on same as above and got dinged on shipping for $38. All told my above purchase was over $100 less. The Gamma Seal lid with a 5 gallon container on the end of the filter might be ok, going to try it out post about it when I’ve got everything set up. Certainly better than a bag on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    Thanks for the source. I forget how these prices compare to Wynn. I replaced my old filter stack with a Wynn last year. After having it for a year, i really wish someone made a double-flange filter. Would make it much easier to connect it in an airtight manner to a cleanout box. I think the suggestion of a 5 gallon bucket on the end of a $200-300 filter to be dumb.
    Wynn makes the 35BA222NANO MERV 15 filters with both ends open. I added the 18FP30 as a catch can on the end of each filter. These are not inexpensive, but I only have one set of lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    Wynn makes the 35BA222NANO MERV 15 filters with both ends open. I added the 18FP30 as a catch can on the end of each filter. These are not inexpensive, but I only have one set of lungs.
    Hi Mike, I'm curious as to why you setup 2 short filter stacks vs 1 longer filter stack. Was there an advantage in doing it this way?

Thanks!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Hi Mike, I'm curious as to why you setup 2 short filter stacks vs 1 longer filter stack. Was there an advantage in doing it this way?

Thanks!
    I should have used this photo. I needed space below the filters for my compressor.

It's not obvious, but the wall-mounted 3-phase receptacle for the compressor is behind the filter on the right. One of my projects for this year is to plumb the shop for the compressor so I can keep the doors closed while it is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    just need to specify “reverse flow” when ordering so filter media is oriented correctly.
    If you check around at surplus sites you can usually find "New Old Stock" filters that were on-hand as replacement filters for large shop systems!

The filters are usually designed for the Donaldson Torit style systems that filter from the outside in, But you could always make a cabinet to hold the filter like I did.

IMG-5526.jpgIMG-5602.jpg

In my case I got 4 filters for $100 that were still in the original boxes.

Filter-Cratridge-Side.jpg

Doug

The regular cellulose / synthetic or spun-bond media filters are usually half the price of the Nanofiber cartridges. Probably ok if you’re on a budget but the upgrade seems worth it to me. As above, you only get one set of lungs.

Performance difference explained: https://www.donaldson.com/en-us/indu...r-is-worth-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Probably ok if you’re on a budget
    That was my original thinking when I picked them up, I figured that a DIY dust collector would at-least be a step-up from my shop-vac!

After getting them home & doing some more checking on the filters part# I found out that they were "Nanofiber Filters"
    IMG-6327.jpg

https://www.clarkfiltersdirect.com/p...idges-AA-1.pdf

Doug

I don't know... some shop vacs have HEPA filtration.

Yes, dust collection involves both sufficient airflow to direct the dust into the filter, and the filter's efficiency at collecting particles.

The shop vac is probably not going to do so well on the first part, but there are HEPA filters available for large dust collectors (e.g. Oneida).

For 0.3 micron size dust particles:
    A MERV 15 rated filter allows up to 15% to escape (85% minimum efficiency)
    A MERV 16 rated filter allows up to 5% to escape (95% minimum efficiency)
    A HEPA rated filter allows up to 0.03% to escape (99.97% minimum efficiency)

In other words, a MERV 15 rated filter allows up to 500 times more 0.3 micron particles to escape than a HEPA rated filter.

Your lungs, your money, your choice.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

After getting sidetracked on a ton of other stuff, I've got this filter connected to my system and thought I share how the clean-out receptacle was created. To duplicate this all you'll need is a Gamma Seal screw top type lid, a 5 or 3.5 gallon bucket and a few sheet metal screws.

Gamma Seal screw-top lid

12" diameter filter

Cut the centre part out of the lid and fasten to the underside gasket end of the filter with sheetmetal screws

Press fit 5 gal bucket on to lid, internal part will allow you to unscrew to empty when full. Cleanout container will be airtight.

Blog Entries
    That's just like how I set up my DC, although your fit and finish is far superior to mine :-)
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Blog Entries
    I like the clean out, but you'll probably find that it doesn't collect much. My Oneida has only ever had a small hand full of dust in it (providing I remember to empty the bin on time) Your's looks much easier to open than the Oneida.

As Andy mentioned in his post above, MERV 15 is not great filtration. It'll keep the shop clean, for sure, but you want to be wearing a respirator whenever you're making dust. It's that submicron dust that is the most dangerous.