Thread: Dust cover

Dust cover

Do any of you have an iPad in your shop and if so do you try to keep the dust off it. Yesterday I moved an older iPad from my office to my shop. I now need a stand and wonder about some sort of dust cover?
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Peter, I bring mine into the shop all the time (streaming satellite radio!). I just stand it up in 'portrait' orientation with the home button and the lightning charger port down, or 'on the bottom' to keep dust out of that part of it.
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

I keep a spare iPad in the shop but I've never worried about the dust. If I used the one with a detachable keyboard I'd probably cover it to keep the dust out of the keys.

JKJ

Thanks guys!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *

Almost embarrassed to show these photos. I wanted a dock for the extra iPad in the shop so I built this and at a recent auction I bought about 1200 covers . . . . . . So if anyone is interested in a iPad shop cover I seem to have a few extra! LOL

IMG_1397.jpgIMG_1396.jpg
    Pete

I have an older iPad sitting on my bench that I surf with when the cnc is plugging along. I never worried about or had any problems with dust.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks Bruce I suppose it is overkill and I'm thinking i'll lose the plastic bag.
    Pete