Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping Costs

Amazon is doing a lot of shipping and delivery itself so I doubt the other shippers are giving Amazon special deals. Fedex quit dealing with Amazon last year.

@ M.J Evans ....and I thought I got terrible gas mileage at 18mpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I know I'm going to be seen as an old grouch and a cheapskate, I won't argue with that, but It drives me nuts when I order $16 worth of stuff from Lee Valley or anybody else,and the shipping is $8 or half the cost of the items I purchased.
    Am I alone here?
    Well, maybe $8 isn't too bad. I just clicked on an ad for TersaKnives and you get free shipping with an order of $250!
    Dennis

Well, maybe $8 isn't too bad. I just clicked on an ad for TersaKnives and you get free shipping with an order of $250!
    With TersaKnives, they are shipping from Canada so when you account for that plus the fact that their prices are much lower than many places, buying from them, even if you have to pay shipping, is still less money. It's the total cost that counts. I had a conversation with them not long ago and they are a small "mom and pop" business that doesn't have the volume to be able to setup a US warehouse like Lee Valley has, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not all that unusual. I was on a website the other day where the free shipping threshold was $1,000.