Thread: Load rating for drawer slides?

Load rating for drawer slides?

Am I correct in assuming that a given load rating for drawers slides is for a pair and not each. In other words, if a drawer slide is rated at 100lbs that means the weight of the drawer and its content should not exceed 100lbs. Correct?

I'm no expert, but that is how I understand draw slide load ratings.

Yes, that's my understanding.

I think so but for the single undermount type I would assume it is per slide.
    Bil lD

It also assumes that you install every screw in every hole, something I do not do.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    It also assumes that you install every screw in every hole, something I do not do.
    Good Point Thomas

But why play so close to their limits? Just bump yourself up a size and get 150lb rated slides or 200lbs rated slides, then you won't have to worry about it.

Sometime take out a loaded kitchen drawer and weigh it. You might be surprised at the weight. Probably much less than 100 lbs
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Agree, I would estimate my silverware drawer at about 30-40#, and it has a lot of content.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Not all drawers are in a kitchen.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Not true. Every slide comes with numerous holes for a multitude of different mounting options and assembly systems. Many standard slides installed with True32 will have only two screws or often times 3 for convenience of installation. If you installed every screw you'd broke installing a single slide.

This is not true, at least not across the board. The last set of drawer slides I installed were Blum Tandem undermounts, and the instructions explicitly noted the set of screw holes needed to meet the load requirements. I think for the 21" units that I was installing it was only like 4-5 holes per slide.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    This is not true, at least not across the board. The last set of drawer slides I installed were Blum Tandem undermounts, and the instructions explicitly noted the set of screw holes needed to meet the load requirements. I think for the 21" units that I was installing it was only like 4-5 holes per slide.
    You could pretty much hold them on with bubble gum. No torque wrenches, nasa instrumentation, MIL specifications, necessary.