I was at Home Depot today looking for Fathers Day deals (meh), but I have been thinking about making a new outfeed table for the cabinet saw. Right next to the door was a display of adjustable height workbenches. The 46" long one is about the size of the outfeed table I now use and am happy with, and it dawned on me that it might be a good idea for the start of a new adjustable outfeed table.

The one I have been using has an old metal cart under it with wheels, kind of like a HD lumber cart only smaller. Years ago I made a temporary top on it out of an old formica desk top, which is raised up with about a 6" high space under the top where I keep jigs, and the like.

It has worked out great, and the HD bench would make a good start for another, but with a lightweight cabinet underneath for storage of jigs etc. I especially like the adjustable top, because I could use it occasionally for other uses, like an outfeed table for my drum sander etc.

I also use the current model for some assembly purposes if my regular workbench is already in use, another reason the wheels are handy. I could also run it over to augment the workbench if I need an extra wide or long space temporarily.

It would definitely not be a heavy duty unit, but it doesn't have to be for my purposes. The fact that is is adjustable to the height of any tool or bench I have intrigues me.

Any thoughts?