Thread: Dust Collector sound, is it normal?

Dust Collector sound, is it normal?

This is my first time buying a dust collector, so forgive me if the answer is obvious

Just got a Craftex dust collector from Busy Bee and I noticed that halfway during power down, it starts clicking all the way until it fully spins down. It sounds obvious to me that the start of the sound is because something engaged it. There is a brief clicking upon startup as well.

None of my other power tools (planer, table saw, jointer, mitre saw) have this sound, so my mind told me I should look it up just in case it is a signal for something wrong. It was surprisingly hard to find results from searching keywords including dust collector power down clicking sound, lol, but what I did learn is that motors with centrifugal switches would have this sound.

Wanted to check with you guys here, I'm a long time lurker here and enjoy the forums a lot for everyone's expertise. Am I just overthinking this and there's nothing to worry about? Thanks!

Sounds like the centrifugal switch is a little too loud. I would not worry about it
    Bill D.