Thread: Help needed fastening aluminum extrusion to melamine top

Help needed fastening aluminum extrusion to melamine top

So I am in the process of getting the left and right extension tables on my Dewalt GE radial arm saw setup and I want to use some 10 series 80/20 style aluminum extrusion for the fences on each side extension that way I can attach my tape and stop setup. The top that they will be laying on is melamine and I am stumped on how to attach the 10 series 1” x 1” extrusions. I know that I could route some t tracks into the top, two on each side or that I could simply bore some countersunk holes in the extrusion itself but I would like to avoid those choices and instead find a fastener and bracket combo that would work for this. I am really not crazy about the idea of buying 4 new t tracks to go that route. Do any of you fellows have any suggestions or can you link me some brackets that would work for this? I am new to working with the 80/20 aluminum extrusion stuff. Mine is the 10 series 1” x 1” x 78”. Any help would be great.

80/20 offers something they call a slide-in T-nut. Use that, and run the screws up from underneath your melamine sheet. No holes in the aluminum.

https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Inc-Ass...QE27FWYD24GVB0