Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donations to SMC

Thanks everyone for helping out, I don't say this enough but I am always appreciative of every donation whether it is financial or your participation.

Keith thanks for keeping SMC going. I use the forum to ask questions I can’t find answers to elsewhere and I don’t know if I’ve ever been disappointed.
    I’m glad to hear most contribute at the $25 - $60 a year range, would $6 even buy a six pack of beers?

I've been a contributor for several years, but recently sold a fair amount of stuff on the classified section. I considered what it would have cost to sell the items on the auction site or elsewhere and then donated 50% of that amount to SMC as an extra contribution. I figure everyone won. Maybe others could consider something similar?

A few weeks after I discovered SMC, I was running into trouble with my jointer. I turned to the Creek and described my problem. Three or four folks chimed in with different facets of the absolute correct solution. I made the change: since then the problem is gone. I learned a simple but crucial lesson in jointer setup that for some reason I never knew, but that will now stay with me.

Was that worth six bucks?

I think everyone here would agree that life without Sawmill Creek Forum would be poorer indeed. I will count on Keith to let us all know well before we ever get close to the point of no return.

Where is the contribute/donate button? I haven’t been here for several years. Even if I don’t get active again now I want to ensure the Creek is still here as a safe, friendly and knowledgeable place.

Thank you Keith and all who help out!

Chuck McKinley

I found the donate button. This it the first time here on a phone.��
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Those of us successful in selling in the classified section should consider a "tithe" to SMC from the proceeds.

The Donate button is on the blue menu bar at the top of every page.
    If you see the Red "Friends of the Creek" button look to the left for the yellow "Donate" button.

Thanks again everyone!

I have said it before, but I ask a lot of off topic questions, and have always gotten good answers. So.....not always just woodworking. I do not participate in any 'social media websites'.

My favorite question was when I asked if WWI German submarines had an outside steering wheel. Short answer....yes. I had read about it in a novel, and it just sounded 'fishy' .

Thanks, Keith.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    I was a member for years and never thought about it, but then I realized that I need to carry my own weight and became a contributor.