Thread: Gotta be a better way to make a living...

Gotta be a better way to make a living...

Python hunting, about the 4:30 mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drJDgVq2ApM

In 1978 my wife walked out the front door carrying a package, opened the screen door by pushing it with her butt, turned and stepped on a 4 foot snake (her estimate) sunning itself on the concrete stoop. We moved 5 months later.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Blog Entries
    So far we have only seen garter snakes around here. Candy is as happy as me to have a few snakes around.

A few days ago when opening the woodshed door to get some firewood for a project three snakes were sunning on the floor and startled. They quickly slithered under the floor.

Our woodshed is a small greenhouse. It helps to dry the wood.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

5 Months? If my wife even saw the snake we would be gone leaving the house and everything behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    Python hunting, about the 4:30 mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drJDgVq2ApM

In 1978 my wife walked out the front door carrying a package, opened the screen door by pushing it with her butt, turned and stepped on a 4 foot snake (her estimate) sunning itself on the concrete stoop. We moved 5 months later.
    My Lovely Bride has the same feelings about snakes. (Hmm.. seems to be a common theme throughout history) And we live in the middle of woods and fields! Not the size of pythons and not many venomous, but lots of big black snakes that are a hazard to eggs and chicks. I always invite them to stay at a friend's properly miles away.

My most recent find inside the building with the baby chickens:
    snake_black.jpg

And some earlier visitors.
    snake_eggs_IMG_20140823_133052_513.jpg snake_JKJ_IMG_20130616_164846_043.jpg snake_peacocks.jpg

JKJ