Thread: Dewalt tool scam

Dewalt tool scam

There is a false Dewalt website (dewcxeo.com)advertising greatly reduced prices for Dewalt tools. 735 planer $99.00, 6piece tool set $99.00. It is a scam. They charge your credit card or pay pal and send you a package of smiley face stickers. Don't fall for it. Since they actually send some thing with a tracking number the card companies have a hard time crediting you.

A planer that retails for $500 for less than $100 is a scam? I'm shocked.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    A planer that retails for $500 for less than $100 is a scam? I'm shocked.
    +1

Especially with a website named dewcxeo.com. If it sounds too good to be true, that's cause it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Lang View Post
    +1

Especially with a website named dewcxeo.com. If it sounds too good to be true, that's cause it is.
    Still glad to have the heads up. Thanks for the warning Harry!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Individuals have pulled this stunt long before the larger scale scammers became so obvious. My dad got burned on a used Jet sharpener (that was not severely discounted) in the classified section right here on Sawmill Creek. Money paid, box of random parts arrived. Issue never resolved ;-( Certainly the ridiculous prices that the large scale scammers use will only attract the dimmest of bulbs but, shockingly enough, there are enough of them out there to make it worth their while.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Niemann View Post
    There is a false Dewalt website (dewcxeo.com)advertising greatly reduced prices for Dewalt tools. 735 planer $99.00, 6piece tool set $99.00. It is a scam. They charge your credit card or pay pal and send you a package of smiley face stickers. Don't fall for it. Since they actually send some thing with a tracking number the card companies have a hard time crediting you.

Does the shipping label show the package weight or cost, many do. If you can show the credit card company that the. package weighed under one pound and cost under five dollars to ship they should listen to you. Claim the machine fell out of the envelope and only the paper packing was left. Was the box big enough to hold the machine? If they used postage machine it should have a record of package weights and shipping costs.
    I hope they used USPS because shipping a 50 pound machine and only paying for eight ounces is a federal fraud case. The USPS has their own police force to investigate crimes of theft of service like this.
    Contact the local shipping office and report the fraud.
    Bill D

Looks like this website is about two weeks old. After a few more notes like this, it will vanish quickly.

I got a robocall today saying it was my third and final warning, and that I needed to press 1 to speak to a federal magistrate to avoid being indicted. These people get up in the morning and go to work doing this to people. Making their mothers proud.

It's a shame people put so much effort in scamming others.

www.tool-on-store.com is another website to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Does the shipping label show the package weight or cost, many do. If you can show the credit card company that the. package weighed under one pound and cost under five dollars to ship they should listen to you. Claim the machine fell out of the envelope and only the paper packing was left. Was the box big enough to hold the machine? If they used postage machine it should have a record of package weights and shipping costs.
    I hope they used USPS because shipping a 50 pound machine and only paying for eight ounces is a federal fraud case. The USPS has their own police force to investigate crimes of theft of service like this.
    Contact the local shipping office and report the fraud.
    Bill D
    The Postal Inspectors Service is one of the most feared of all law enforcement agencies in the country. They pursue relentlessly and NEVER plea bargain. If they arrest you, you either beat it or do full time at some place like Leavenworth. I told a friend about a problem I was having getting something shipped from California four months after I'd paid for it. When I explained what happened, he told me to contact the PIS with all my documentation. Because the seller had sent me a catalog through the US Mail and then failed to deliver after three certified letters (I got the green card receipts back with the guy's signature) asking where my merchandise was, they contacted me almost immediately. I was told they thought it might be just a misunderstanding and that, for less than a $300 item, they wouldn't get involved unless they found there were other complaints against the guy. Well, about two weeks later, the seller called me in, literally, tears and said my merchandise would be arriving the next day via FedEx. He begged my to call the PIS and explain that he made good on our deal. My call did no good as I later found out he was sentenced to 10 years at some club Fed for mail fraud.

If you think about it, many of the high profile cases you hear about on the news involve the PIS. Michael Milken went away for a gazillion counts of mail fraud. There was a guy in San Francisco years ago that shot up a Jewish nursing home and on leaving shot a mailman on his delivery rounds. The local PD and states just handed it over to the PIS and they fried the guy. Not people to mess with, so if you call them, make sure the person you sick them on is truly deserving - they can be akin to swatting a fly with an atom bomb.

Pretty simple rule for life to live by: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

BUT, a fool and his money are easily separated, so thats why websites like that exist.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!