Thread: Kapex plunge cut problem

Kapex plunge cut problem

My Kapex will not plunge downward to make a cut suddenly. It started while cutting through a 2X10 and would not cut all the way, as it would not go all the way down. Now it will not plunge cut at all. The blade will spin, but it will not release and make the cut. Any help?

on the back of the saw body there is a bar arm/post??? that makes it be able to cut dadoes and not cut thru. See if that has been moved accidently
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    on the back of the saw body there is a bar arm/post??? that makes it be able to cut dadoes and not cut thru. See if that has been moved accidently
    I moved that post each and every way it would go, as I had used it before and knew it would stop the plunge at set points. That does not appear to be the problem.

To green post flips down to limit the cut but it also adjusts the depth of cut by rotating. If that doesn't fix it, call Festool USA service.