Thread: Where Am I?

Where Am I?

New to the Forum..... Lost, I think.

I'm a professional in Architectural Woodwork looking for others similarly afflicted.

DSCN1331 Resize.jpg

Stairs, stair parts, lotsa doors, windows, wall panels, fences, gates, the big stuff.

Real question: How do I rotate pics in the "Manage Attachments" box so they are right side up?
    I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Wow David,
    Holy cow, what a welcome sight!! Man,... killer to see you.

I'm thinking Led Zeppelin.

John

I like it . Because it has a nice Jurassic bend to it. Very beautiful
    How much further do you keep building it out before it’s taken apart and reassembled in the customers place. Or palace
    Aj

David,

I don't think you can rotate them here. You need to do that in some other program before you upload them. I may be wrong, but you are far from the first to have this issue. Try a private message to the forum administrator.

Hola David. The photos have a mind of their own and will submit to no greater authority than their own whim.
    David

Here’s what I do with pictures. All of them come from my phone, so I start there. I then email the picture(s) to myself, and then open the email on my laptop. Then I click on a photo and save it to a folder on my desktop, which I call Sawmill Creek. While I’m doing that step, I can also name the photo so I can keep track of it.

Then I open the photo from the folder and rotate it 90° four times, or as many times as needed to make it end up right side up. I then save the file back into the folder and close the photo. Finally, when I go to upload it from the forum here, the photo will be right side up. This always seems to work for me. Try it and let me know if it works.
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 06-17-2020 at 4:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sochar View Post
    New to the Forum..... Lost, I think.

I'm a professional in Architectural Woodwork looking for others similarly afflicted.

Stairs, stair parts, lotsa doors, windows, wall panels, fences, gates, the big stuff.

Real question: How do I rotate pics in the "Manage Attachments" box so they are right side up?
    Hi David,
    Welcome to SMC. Most here are hobby - home type shops and a few small pro shops. The common thread though is we all share a passion for Woodworking!

I find with pictures from my IPhone I just rotate them once to the left or right then back to normal before posting. I normally post from the IPad or Mac Computer.
    Joe