Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A used machine shipping nightmare

Face to face may be the best way to resolve this.

I am sorry for your situation, but it is not a bad idea to set up a go-pro or even your phone to record large deliveries. Video is difficult to argue with.

Well Al Capone went to Alcatraz for tax evasion and Ponzi went to jail for mail fraud.
    Bil lD

Wakahisa, first, what a bummer. I deliver machinery for a living and also have dumped (albeit rarely) my fair share of machines onto customers driveways. ANY legit LTL delivery service will be insured/bonded for exactly these reasons. In my experience, the unspoken rule among logistics carriers is that possession = responsibility. In other words, once it's off the truck, for better or worse, it's your issue to deal with. Of course, that is not fair but it is the truth in my observation. My guess is that they are laying low and hoping you will "figure it out on your own". Again, not fair but I have been doing this long enough to see it as a pattern. My advice would be to be the squeaky wheel. Good luck and hope this gets resolved as painlessly as possible.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

And people ask me why I hate people. Then I look back at them and think really where do I start. Lovely creatures we are being this is the stuff we do to each other.

I just don’t get how people can do this crap to each other..
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 06-21-2020 at 6:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    And people ask me why I hate people. Then I look back at them and think really where do I start. Lovely creatures we are being this is the stuff we do to each other.

I just don’t get how people can do this crap to each other..

Easy, it's called greed. The money is the most important thing.

Oh I get it and I know what it is.

I just personally can’t wrap my being around the concept. My conscience for money, nope, no thank thank, no day, no way. I’d rather suffer the fate of financial distress..

Hence I do my best to keep to myself and rely on others and or involve them in anything that could potentially leave them in control and me at a loss as little as possible. Right now I gotta move a huge heavy machine and I’ll go rent the 10k lb forklift landscape pads and do it myself.

Not all the time but way more times than I’m cozy with people take care of themself full well aware it’s at the expense of another. And if not they justify their actions in some way as to absolve themself of any accountability. It’s just beautiful really but us humans are so freaking great right..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Easy, it's called greed. The money is the most important thing.