Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remind me again - HVLP (pressurized) sprayable door and trim material

Quote Originally Posted by Wakahisa Shinta View Post
    John, what do you use to clean your gun after spraying Lenmar Duralaq? I read the TDS, but want to hear your real-time method.

I have been spraying BM Advance with a Fuji Q5 and T75G gun, but dislike the cure time required for BM Advance. I have a non-kitchen cabinet project coming up and want to try another product. Duralaq sounds like a nice one to try.

Thanks!
    Lenmar Duralaq WB is a waterborne product. I clean up with soap and water.

They make a solvent version, too, called Duralaq, but I don't use it.

John

Just hot water for me...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Young View Post
    Ordered a gallon of the WB Duralaq tinted in the color I was told to use...
    And a gallon of the undercoater. You were right, the undercoater is much cheaper than the BIN.

All should be in middle of next week, they aren't stocked at my BenMoore dealer.

Plan is to spray two more doors with the undercoater week from tomorrow and all three with the acrylic after that. I'll take notes.
    Whelp, no testing for me this weekend. As the BenMoore dealer in my town doesn't stock the Duralaq line, it had to be ordered in. The good news is that I caught them on the morning they were preparing the order and I could get a gallon of the white poly to tint along with the Duralaq undercoater (primer). Great.

Called to see if my order was in and they were unpacking the pallet Thursday afternoon and the manifest said it was there (along with all the other stuff they ordered). Fantastic.

Problem is, while the manifest was the right one for their order, the pallet was not! The pallet shipped to Lawrence, KS belonged to a store in Branson, MO. And vice versa.

Won't get resolved until Monday at the earliest.

Rats.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Well, I guess you'll have to start building that next project over the weekend since you can't do the finishing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...