Thread: Sawstop lubricant

Sawstop lubricant

I have the PCS and in looking through the manual it list the points which require lubrication, but do not bother listing appropriate lubricants. What do you use on them?

I use graphite lub. Not greasy.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I called SawStop tech support with this question. They said to use wheel bearing grease, and warned specifically to NOT use dry lubricants. He went on to explain that the dry lubes do make things slide nicely, the do not provide the protection against wear that grease does. The "grease attracts dust" argument is a bit of a red herring & with very minimal maintenance, will not happen.

I blow off the greasy parts under the table every few months (a 30 second job) & there is no appreciable build up of crud there. I've had the saw just over 5 years & things still move as freely as the day I bought it. I will be doing a thorough cleaning & greasing in the next couple of months though.

I have been using white lithium grease-paste and spray-and after a bit of dust making the blade lift screw squeaks when lowering. I may step up to heavier grease now. Thanks for the tip.JCB