Thread: Discreet Piggy Bank

Discreet Piggy Bank

Okay, I know that sounds strange. But wanting some ideas on creating a wood piggy bank. I want to put the piggy bank out in the open but yet, not look like a piggy bank. Maybe to look more of a statue/wood ornament.

Hubby will make one, he has some oak and pine. He is a good woodworker, though doesn't do any dovetail work. More of a hobbyist. I have a laser engraver that I could put some kind of design on the front

I told him I want a tall wood statue/piggy bank to have the slot in the back but to sit on the floor...maybe about 24inches or more. Do you have any ideas?

Sounds wide open. Something abstract, rectangular, shaped like a non-bank pig standing tall? I'd probably start by making a bunch of sketches and see what strikes the fancy. Could easily make a large "thing" hollow in the middle by gluing layers together with the centers cut out, then sculpt the outside if you want smooth curves. Some way to remove the accumulated coins, could be a something on the bottom fastened with screws.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by jeannine kas View Post
    Okay, I know that sounds strange. But wanting some ideas on creating a wood piggy bank. I want to put the piggy bank out in the open but yet, not look like a piggy bank. Maybe to look more of a statue/wood ornament.

Hubby will make one, he has some oak and pine. He is a good woodworker, though doesn't do any dovetail work. More of a hobbyist. I have a laser engraver that I could put some kind of design on the front

I told him I want a tall wood statue/piggy bank to have the slot in the back but to sit on the floor...maybe about 24inches or more. Do you have any ideas?