All,

Well I am 2 weeks from moving into my new home where my 2 car garage (approx 20'x20') will be my new "man cave". I'm probably going to dedicate the one side for my woodworking area, and the other side will be for whatever I need it for at that time (working on cars, additional space if I'm doing a big woodworking project, etc).

I took advantage of the DW735X deal going on ($500 shipped via Amazon, and I believe other big box stores have the same deal) now since it'll likely end by the time I move in. Now my next step is going to be purchasing a table saw.

I've gone back and forth so many times. I am keeping my eye on the Craigslist/Facebook marketplace, but nothing of quality has shown up as of yet. That's probably option 1 if something comes up relatively soon. I may end up having to purchase new, just because I need to hit the ground running as soon as we move into the new house. The Mrs already has a "honey do" list started, so I have no time to waste

Projects on the list as of right now consist of:

Queen size headboard for our bed
2x matching end tables for our bedroom
1x end table for our living room
Key rack & Mail slot holder combination
2x End grain cutting boards (smaller & larger one)

My plan is to buy tools kind of as I need them. I am going to hold off purchasing a jointer, as I plan on just making a jointer sled for the planer, and use hand planes as needed. I plan on getting the DW735X planer (ordered already), a quality table saw (contractor or cabinet), and a router & table.

I don't have a budget per-say, but I don't want to throw money at a saw that is beyond what I need. I've been looking at the Laguna F2 which is on sale at Woodcraft for $1259 + $100 shipping, but I am debating if I should spend a little more and get the Sawstop contractor 36" rip capacity model instead? Currently I would like to stick with a 110v model as I do not have 220v in the garage, and don't see it necessary for what I'm doing.