Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer mobility kit (rolling carriage) for A3-31

At Felder, probably David Brooks 1-866-792-5288 x208

I passed on the mobility kit and went with heavy duty leveling casters. Most times the casters are not engaged, and I'm able to level the machine on an uneven floor and get some added height.

Jumping in here: I've dealt with Dale Doubet in Delaware for both of my larger purchases (Hammer A3-31, Hammer K3).
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Klika View Post
    Hey Erik,

For whatever reason, I can't seem to figure out how to send you a private msg.
    Mark, private messages as well as access to the classifieds, photos, and some other features come with Contributor status. Click on the "Donate" link at the top of the page and become a Contributor. It's a $6 per year minimum donation which helps support the cost of keeping the forum online.

Meantime, you're in good hands with Erik pointing the way.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Will do Jim, and thanks. 6 dollars? That's a bargain!

The rep for central PA is Dale Doubet. I've copied and pasted his info.

7. Hi Chris out of curiosity why did you not for for four swiveling casters for the a3-31? I’ve trying to understand if there is a reason it’s a bad idea.

I didn't think I needed the 4 swivel version for the A3-31.

Later I used the 4 swivel version on my Hammer F3 Shaper and wished I had done the same for the A3-31

Skip to 1:35 in this video

9. Thanks Chris four wheels it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kendall View Post
    Thanks Chris four wheels it is then!
    I have a Bora mobile base on my A3-31. It was two swivel wheels. On my Harvey Alpha cabinet saw I went with four swivel wheels, plus two more swivels for the router table extension. Problem is those pieces of equipment are in the garage, the floor of which is pitched fro drainage.

I can easily maneuver the A3-31 but that cabinet saw setup, with six swivel wheels on a slightly pitched floor is a bear. It goes where it wants and steering it can be a chore.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I just got the Bora 3550 for a MM combo and it is a bit tricky on my uneven floors but doesn’t need the skooching needed by my shopfox with two fixed wheels, so I’m happy.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

I opted for the Hammer mobile base with lifting bar for my A3-41 and as you know it only works broad-side for direction of travel. No problem for me as I rarely have a need to access the back side.
    As for my Hammer F3 shaper, I utilized a Grizzly heavy duty mobile base with 4 swiveling and locking casters; courtesy of Sawmill Creek free stuff drawings. Thanks guys.