Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an air powered pin nailer recommendation in the $100 range

HF pin nailer here. 4 years and going strong.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Blog Entries
    I was Surprised by the Harbor Freight recommendations, so I went and bought one for $22, thanks for the responses
    Dennis

Just to note another maker, I recently purchased 18g and 23g Freeman nailers. This was after reading many reviews and the recommendations of a few friends. I've only used the 23g to date, do not have anything to compare to, but these look well make and worked flawlessly with Grex pins/nails.

https://www.amazon.com/Freeman-PP123...=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Regards from Perth

Derek

I have not purchased a pin nailer, yet. But I think I will. I usually just grab my 18G brad nailer. A few weeks ago, need forced me to replace my 20 YO Makita brad nailer that I have not treated very kindly over the years. I had to buy a replacement from my local hardware store. They had Bostitch and Senco. I bought both and test drove them. Returned the Bostitch. The Senco is adequate, but I sure do miss the Makita. I'll most likely get a new Makita, and give the Senco to my son.

Air Locker here. Not expensive, and it works.
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Michael, a pinner is really handy to have...there are so many instances where a tiny, headless fastener is "just the ticket" for something and they hold surprisingly well when you need them to, especially if you put them in a varying angles to lock stuff together while glue is curing. The tiny holes are very easy to disappear. And then there are those temporary needs where you want to be able to rip something apart easily. The 18 gage gun isn't the best choice there...too much holding power!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Bostich, staying with the brand of my 18 ga brad nailer and 15 ga finish nailer.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Michael, a pinner is really handy to have...there are so many instances where a tiny, headless fastener is "just the ticket" for something and they hold surprisingly well when you need them to, especially if you put them in a varying angles to lock stuff together while glue is curing. The tiny holes are very easy to disappear. And then there are those temporary needs where you want to be able to rip something apart easily. The 18 gage gun isn't the best choice there...too much holding power!
    I'm such a tool junkie. Makita pin nailer ordered.........

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Drew View Post
    I'm such a tool junkie. Makita pin nailer ordered.........

It's so much fun spending other people's money... LOL. But I don't think you'll regret the investment.
    --

First time using the Makita pin nailer yesterday. I ordered a few boxes of pins, ranging from 1/2 to 1.25". This Makita does not like 3/4 pins. There is something wrong with the way the sliding pin holder captures, and keeps tension on the pins. It shoots 1/2" pins OK. Have not tried any other lengths yet. I'd send this Makita back for a refund, but it's too late for that option. Pretty disappointed with Makita. My Makita 18g brad nailer was a great tool. Looks like they screwed up the pinner......

Anyone else have similar issues? Suggestions?

I was given a PC years ago by a former manager. Then 2 years ago I bought a Hitachi. I used mine yesterday to attach a curved drawer front to the curved drawer bottom. I like the Hitachi.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 09-26-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hitachi here also.

It appears that Hitachi has had a name change..... Metabo HPT? I checked out the "Metabo" nailers. There are two. NP35A and NP50A... The smaller of the two has a limited range of pin lengths (5/8 - 1 3/8"), whereas the larger gun shoots a wide range from 1/2 to 2".

FWIW, the pins I bought are all Grex.

I should have read the reviews. There are a lot of dissatisfied Makita owners.

Blog Entries
    If any of you need a stapler, Josef Kihlberg. I bought one for upholstery, that thing is sweeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    If any of you need a stapler, Josef Kihlberg. I bought one for upholstery, that thing is sweeet.
    Is that a wide crown unit? They are harder to come by, but yea...very useful. I have an inexpensive one off Amazon that I use when I'm making photo frame/panels for a client...I use the staples instead of vee-nails on the back of the mitered corners.
    --