Thread: Makita 2030n 12-1/2" Planer Blades

Makita 2030n 12-1/2" Planer Blades

Had this machine for many years and has been a great addition to my workshop. Although not a tool I use every day, but sure does the job when needed! Replaced the rollers several years ago, with no issues, until this past weekend running some large stock. I Usually make it a practice to break out the white detector and make sure no metal was imbedded in the lumber. Skipped that step and ran a board that had a musket ball from the civil war in it....Could have been more destructive, but was being delicate with my passes so only got the edge. I think it is something I can wet stone out, but still looking for a set of the original 793323-0 blades. I have read several reviews on the Freud replacements, that looks like may have smiles in the middle. If anyone was an extra set or source for any please let me know!

See at Highland Woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Butler 3 View Post
    Had this machine for many years and has been a great addition to my workshop. Although not a tool I use every day, but sure does the job when needed! Replaced the rollers several years ago, with no issues, until this past weekend running some large stock. I Usually make it a practice to break out the white detector and make sure no metal was imbedded in the lumber. Skipped that step and ran a board that had a musket ball from the civil war in it....Could have been more destructive, but was being delicate with my passes so only got the edge. I think it is something I can wet stone out, but still looking for a set of the original 793323-0 blades. I have read several reviews on the Freud replacements, that looks like may have smiles in the middle. If anyone was an extra set or source for any please let me know!
    https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/...ta-2040-1.aspx - I visited them (personally) a few times. They are great and available for help. Recommended!
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Thanks! I looked at them but was not sure these where the same quality as those selling on amazon.

Blog Entries
    Tell us more about the musket ball, maybe even some pics?