Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need an air powered pin nailer recommendation in the $100 range

Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    As the title says, any recommendations?
    Thanks
    I really like Makita AF505N Brad Nailer as I have used it for three years. I am not a heavy user but certainly I have used it for more than 5,000 brads from 20 mm t o 50 mm (2 inches), most of them were 30mm. No single jam.

Less than USD 100 in the USA.

Recommended.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

I have a Grex, a PC, and a Hitachi. Why three? It's the tool I'm most likely to forget at the shop and re-buy because it's easier than driving back. Pin nailers and coping saws... I don't think I've ever used a coping saw twice, just keep buying them. At Christmas this year, everyone is getting a pin nailer or a coping saw, lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    I really like Makita AF505N Brad Nailer as I have used it for three years. I am not a heavy user but certainly I have used it for more than 5,000 brads from 20 mm t o 50 mm (2 inches), most of them were 30mm. No single jam.

Less than USD 100 in the USA.

Recommended.
    23 gauge pins (headless fasteners) are a different animal...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Air Locker here. Not expensive, and it works.
    Another Air Locker user! Uncommon brand. Mine shoots 1 3/16" (30 mm), I wouldn't mind 1 3/8" (35mm). My gun has a safety sort of like bigger guns, a metal loop around the tip. The metal loop can prevent getting the tip real close to a vertical part, I think the two trigger arrangement is better. The gun works well though, I don't think I've ever had a misfire or jam.

Quote Originally Posted by jamil mehdi View Post
    I have a Grex, a PC, and a Hitachi. Why three? It's the tool I'm most likely to forget at the shop and re-buy because it's easier than driving back. Pin nailers and coping saws... I don't think I've ever used a coping saw twice, just keep buying them. At Christmas this year, everyone is getting a pin nailer or a coping saw, lightly used.
    I can totally related, but not with pin nailers or coping saws specifically.

Mine is a Bosch, works great so far, had it a couple of years.

I've got a Grex, PC, and a Bostich, all have performed as designed for years. The Grex is the 2" model. It's my go to, especially in finished work situations where I just need a little holding power untill glue sets up.

I have the Grex which will shoot 2" pins. I don't think I ever used 2" pins. Great pinner - never had a problem.

Of course, that's more than $100.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Came with my "Quiet" compressor from California Air Tools. $35 for a blemo.

https://ultraquietaircompressor.com/...AT-NGTQ18G.htm