Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fein turbo noise level

I recently bought the Fein and hooked it up to my mitre saw to come on automatically. When I use my Festool sander that is hooked up to the Festool Vac, the Fein will come on as well. I guess there is a sensitivity level that I need to figure out how to adjust on the Fein.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Could you elaborate with specifics ? Looks to me like the Karcher linked has a connected tool load rating of 6A - same as the Fein Turbo.
    I might have to stand corrected. My research prior to purchasing the Kracher showed some complaints about lack of tool amperage. I have a older Fein II dedicated to a chop saw with no apparent problems. And the newer FeinI has never indicated overdraw with any tools.
    that said I really like the Kracher, wish it had a longer hose and power cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    I might have to stand corrected. My research prior to purchasing the Kracher showed some complaints about lack of tool amperage. I have a older Fein II dedicated to a chop saw with no apparent problems. And the newer FeinI has never indicated overdraw with any tools.
    that said I really like the Kracher, wish it had a longer hose and power cord.
    Maybe.................... , maybe not.

These manuf. are playing three card monte with these turn on receptacles. For instance, my Festool vac's socket has a rating of 3.7A for a connected load yet they claim I can hook up any of their tools without issue. Their large router is 2200 watts and a low rating of 15amps. That well exceeds the rating, yet no problem. A mitersaw is going to draw well over 6 amps too ? Again, no problems with my 13A DeWalt on any Festool vac or a first gen. Fein Turbo.

However, I did have an issue many years ago with that same saw and a WAP vacuum. It had a fused socet that would constantly blow when the saw was powered up. Which, is why I ended up with the Fein.

So, it sorta depends on how a specific vac regulates the turbine and the tool you've connected. My festool is almost half the rating of the Fein, yet both perform
    satisfactory with big tools. Does your mitersaw work with the Karcher ? Do you have the one linked, or another model with a different rating ?

I recently bought the Fein and hooked it up to my mitre saw to come on automatically. When I use my Festool sander that is hooked up to the Festool Vac, the Fein will come on as well. I guess there is a sensitivity level that I need to figure out how to adjust on the Fein.

There is no user adjustment for sensitivity on any of these vacuums.

I did not buy the Kracher with the tool receptacle because of the comments I had read. But your point is interesting in that we hook high amp tools to the vacuums and they work fine despite their ratings. Guess one has to take a chance.

Blog Entries
    Thank, really just thinking about noise. It’ll probably get used with my bandsaw and absolutely not with the bandsaw plugged into the vac.

All the European branded "dust extractors" are quieter than domestic shop vacs.

So you really don't have to fret over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    I did not buy the Kracher with the tool receptacle because of the comments I had read. But your point is interesting in that we hook high amp tools to the vacuums and they work fine despite their ratings. Guess one has to take a chance.
    How long the tool runs on the vac outlet might matter as well. I use a 15 A. miter saw on a Fein outlet and no problem but the saw only runs for a few seconds at a time. My miter saw has a laser, the laser has a switch but apparently the laser's power supply is powered all the time. The vac would be off with the miter saw plugged in but once the vac started it is slow to turn off or it doesn't turn off at all.

Had a Fein Turbo II for a long time till it quit. Had to compromise it to get it apart for repairs. Turned out the failure was in the plug but could not discover that till it was apart. Next time it quit the disassembly was fatal.

Blog Entries
    I own a Fein Turbo II and it is noticeably quieter than my previous shop vac. You can actually carry on a conversation without yelling while standing right next to it. I also like the variable speed control so I can vacuum more delicate things without fear of sucking them up the hose. I can remove sawdust from my work surface without removing screws and nails.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Have had a Fein Turbo III for 10 years.....very quiet. Rating on Fein TIII is 67DB. Rating (varies on site) on Karcher is 71DB.
    Jim