Thread: Help with Rayjet 300 - Axis Origin Point Moved

Exclamation Help with Rayjet 300 - Axis Origin Point Moved

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a problem today with may rayjet 300 that haven't happened ever before and I need some help figuring it out.

I used the rottary attachment to engrave a few glass cups. I attached it with the machine powered off and took it out with it powered off also.

After that I tried to resume with the rest of my wort but then I stubled on this issue. I have a wide range of produts I engrave and each one has a model (template) and a correspondent file so I can just position it on the table and print the file easily.

For some reason, after usin the rottary attachment (which is rarely used), it seems to have messed up the axis and all my files are engraving out of position, so if this continues i will have to do all my models back from scratch.

Have anyone else experience anything like that or would have any tips on how to fix it?

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo

I turn off the rotary option in Job Control and on the artwork before I start a new job. I'm not sure that's your problem but it's worth a check.

You say you turned off the machine so I assume you unplugged the rotary device while the machine was off.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback, I checked everything and what we do is turn everything off, attach the rottary, enable the option on job control, use it for the jobs, than disbale the opntion on job control, turn the machine off and dettach the rotary equipment.

What I noticed now is when pushing the arrows all the way to the limit of the machine, it no longer shows 0,0 axis, it shifted to x -13 and y -4 and when I set it manually to that limit it will start the job on the wrong place. However whaen I push the home button on the job control, or the machine finishes a job and resets back to the origin point, it will show on job control that it is on point 0,0 but it will be slightly inside the work table. When I print a job and it is on this new set 0,0 it will work just fine though. I'm not sure if I can reset the origin point somehow to match the 0,0 point to the machine limit to fix this

you can make the adjustment from within JC but it would be better to have a tech walk you through it.

Have you changed your settings in JC to "return to start"?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I do think it would be wise to have a tech look at it, as soon as I can get it fixed I'll post the solution here for reference.

Thanks for all the help!