Thread: login question

login question

When I go to the "Good enough vs overkill" thread before I login, I see over 100 replies. After I login I only see 2 pages of replies and 30 or so replies? Any help?

Thanks, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    When I go to the "Good enough vs overkill" thread before I login, I see over 100 replies. After I login I only see 2 pages of replies and 30 or so replies? Any help?

Thanks, Ron
    Ron, are you using the Mobile mode or the Full Site mode? (pull-down box at lower left of page when in Full mode)

What are your display settings? (Settings, My Settings, General Settings, Thread Display Options)

Using the Full Site with the Hybrid display modes, 40 messages per page, I see two pages, 40 on the first and 18 on the second. The rest are hidden below the many "More replies below current depth..." lines in the thread tree. This is a problem when threads becomes long and fractured with many branches. The hidden branches can be followed by clicking on one of the "More replies" links. Gives me a headache sometimes.

Some people use one the "Linear" display modes. When I switch to "Linear - Newest First" I see all the messages in the thread with the most recent at the top of three pages. I personally don't like this mode since I can't follow the conversations to see what message someone is replying to unless they have replied with the Quote option but not everyone does. The Hybrid mode shows the thread tree at the top of the page which clearly shows the conversations but long branching threads get increasingly difficult to follow so I usually just quit reading them.

JKJ

I checked the box at the bottom on the main page. I have vB4 Default Style on my laptop. Will look into my settings when I am not so tired. Thanks Ron