Thread: Rabbit Laser - Door Hangers

Rabbit Laser - Door Hangers

Hello,
    I have a 80W - 6090 and am trying to cut simple door hanger cards. These were setup in Corel Draw and saved as a .dxf. The larger .jpg shows the results. It seems there is some sort of ramping going on .. I just can't cut the full circle. The small .jpg is a screen shot of what I setup on Corel. I'm not sure where to look to solve this. I just want the circle to be completely cut.
    Cutting speed: 200 - Power: 35.

If I change the color of the lines to separate them from the circles ... and then cut both vector groups ... I get the same results.

As a test, I just created a single circle within LaserCut 5.3. I get the same results so I don't think Corel is the problem. There must be a setting in LaserCut that is causing a ramping or for some other reason, just will not cut out a full circle.

The circles are hanging by a "chad". Anyone remember that problem in the Florida Presidential Election many years ago?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Jim T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Tooley; 06-08-2020 at 8:25 PM.

if you'd like to send the file I'll try on my rabbit
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

do you have any over lap setup in the cut file
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Can you cut a circle and box without issues? I was going to suggest mirror alignment
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks Bert,
    Thank you for your offer to look into this. I sure wish I knew enough do I could read the Chinese translation of the LaserCut manual and translate it into something understandable. It boggles my mind why they haven't done a better job with it.

I've prepared a PDF and other files that are apparently too large to send through this wiki. Can you contact me directly and I'll forward the info and files to you? Thank you.

Jim Tooley
    W9878 State Road 60
    Lodi, WI 53555
    jim@ticketsandmore.com

Bert,
    I'm not sure where or how see if any overlap is set. How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tooley View Post
    Bert,
    I'm not sure where or how see if any overlap is set. How is this done?
    where you set your speed and power for the cut the bottom box should say overlap set it to something over 0 likee .02 i FOR GET WHAT MINE at but anything over zero should work
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bill and Bert,

Thanks to both of you for your willingness to help.

Bill, your simple question helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. When I set up a circle and box like you suggested ... it cut perfectly. Then I noticed the speed had defaulted to 35 ... while when I set up my door hangers, the speed was set to 200 !!! That must have been a carryover from an engraving job I last did. No wonder I saw some ramping. Thank you very much.
    Also just a note ... I sent an email to Ray Scott last night ... he replied right way with a couple of questions ... that was impressive. Ray hasn't heard from me in years. It is comforting to know he cares about his customers.

Glad your all set. I called Rabbit last week , same here I hadn't talk to them in years, I got a new laptop win 10 and Carole worked with me for over and hour to get the new driver installed and get win 10 working with Lasercut They have awesome support.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Your right Bert. Ray probably doesn't need to do any more than get prospective customers to go to this site and read some of the messages.

Ray visits here on occasion. Seems if I mention rabbit to people looking laser buying advice they tend to shug it off. The first thing they want is good support and a good machine cheap. So Rabbit are built like a tank and have a-1 Support so I don't get why they go somewhere else.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Your 200 speed was likely kicking in the 'corner power' (or whatever LaserCut calls it) function, which keeps corners of squares, and start/end points from overburning-- when running beyond certain speeds, the machine must slow down to make right angle corners, and to 'blend' the start and end points together. As the machine slows for corners and end points, the laser power must reduce relative to speed. Corner power should be adjustable (my PhCad software has this right below the main power when vectoring)... Anyway, your problem was UNDERburning, going slower the laser was able to keep up
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I always set the corner power to the same as the rest of the cut power. never had a problem
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander