Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kitchen Table is Finished

The Kitchen Table is Finished

The fat lady has packed her bags and is gone, I've put my tools away. This sucker is finished.

tableFinishedA.jpg

One more:

tableFinishedB.jpg

Last one:

tableFinishedC.jpg

As with most big projects, it was not finished when planed but unlike most big projects it had no cost overrun and I'm tired of fooling with it. But on the other hand last night after MsBubba went to bed I set at the table for over an hour running my hand along the surfaces, looking, and thinking this is good.

ken

Congratulations! Very nice and very well done!

Looks nice. Always good to call a project done.
    Regards,

Kris

Oh yeah ,that's nice. Perhaps informal, but definately dignified. And no apron means easier grabbing ...if you are eating
    alone.

Outstanding Ken. Waterlox finish was it? I am doing the final nook and cranny sanding before applying finish on my project and will be glad to be in your position when it is done. I can see your table fitting in to the Tucson ambiance quite well. Kind of an old town look as it were. I will do a trestle table also as my next project.
    David

Looks great Ken, you'll enjoy sitting down to a meal every time I suspect. And good to see you poured the wine for Ms. Bubba first
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Very nice Ken. How many can you seat?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Great work Ken!

Jack

Ken, great job! IMO the most important aspect of a dining table is that it must be “welcoming” so that when folks sit down to eat and fellowship, they immediately feel comfortable. You scored on this one!

Left click my name for homepage link.

Magnificent. Great design and job.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Beautiful table Ken,
    One thing that always annoys me is to have a table rock back and forth if I'm trying to cut into a particularly sinewy meal (not an uncommon occurrence with my own cooking).
    I don't think that would be a problem at all with that nice, solid base.

-Jeff

Curt, Chris, and Mel,

Thanks, now we can leave for the PNW for a month or so and not have the table hanging over me. It is good to be finished.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    Outstanding Ken. Waterlox finish was it? I am doing the final nook and cranny sanding before applying finish on my project and will be glad to be in your position when it is done. I can see your table fitting in to the Tucson ambiance quite well. Kind of an old town look as it were. I will do a trestle table also as my next project.
    David,

I used Waterlux Original satin finish. I can't remember who led me to using Waterlux, it could have been Brian Holcomb or Tom at the local Woodcraft but whatever, back when I was building the bath vanity I wanted a wood top that would resit water stains but didn't look like plastic. One of the two suggested Waterlux and it has stood the test for several years.

I hope to see photos of your build.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Looks great Ken, you'll enjoy sitting down to a meal every time I suspect. And good to see you poured the wine for Ms. Bubba first
    Chris,

I may be a dumb old West Texas farm boy but I am teachable .

ken