Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different shipping rates for the same size and weight product??

Recently, I ordered a set of tail lights for my truck. Due to a shipping error, I not only received my lights, but two belonging to a person in Michigan. After several back and forth conversations with seller, they agreed to pay shipping to Michigan. Took lights to USPS. Lights are for both right and left on same vehicle. One shipped for a little over eleven bucks, and the other shipped for a little under eleven bucks, even though they are the same lights, just different sides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Recently, I ordered a set of tail lights for my truck. Due to a shipping error, I not only received my lights, but two belonging to a person in Michigan. After several back and forth conversations with seller, they agreed to pay shipping to Michigan. Took lights to USPS. Lights are for both right and left on same vehicle. One shipped for a little over eleven bucks, and the other shipped for a little under eleven bucks, even though they are the same lights, just different sides.
    It is doubtful the USPS charged by which side of the vehicle the lights mounted.

It is more likely one package was slightly heavier than the other.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)