Thread: Lie Nielsen catching up with orders!

Lie Nielsen catching up with orders!

Lie Nielsen seems to finally be catching up with orders. My first order of about 8 items should arrive early next week with the second batch a week later.

Excellent news. Do you mind me asking when you placed your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Riegerix View Post
    Excellent news. Do you mind me asking when you placed your order.
    The first one was placed at the end of March. The last one a few weeks later. Only a few items from each order held up shipping the entire order. Don't know why they didn't ship what they had and follow up later with the balance. Probably because of the extra shipping cost.

Glad to hear your items are on the way. I hope things are going well in Maine. No doubt they’ve been through tough times. I notice they are temporarily taking some items off their availability list, like the 1/8” and 7/8” chisels.

Our community needs LNTW.

I have to admit that I almost bought a set of their bench chisels, but I chickened out and bought them used through the SMC classified for a few bucks less and faster delivery. That’s no way to support one of the pillars of woodworking.

A few months from now you won’t remember the extra weeks you had to wait, and neither would I have. But if they run into bad times those chisels will remind me of what I could have done. I’ll leave it there.
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 06-06-2020 at 1:02 AM.

I have an order delayed as well; a tenon saw and a couple other items. They're completely out of stock on backsaws. They guessed about 3 to 4 weeks when I spoke to them. Not a problem.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Glad your getting your order, thats quite the wait. I placed an order mid May, so my wait has been short in comparison. I am excited to recieve them though. They also were only out of stock in about half the items, but are holding the whole order.

Here's another data point.

On May 22 I ordered a #4 (bronze) and a couple bevel edge socket chisels. I was told that they were unavailable.

On June 5th I got a shipping notice. So, it was 3 weeks. Should be here on Tuesday!

Because of LNs apparent policy of not shipping partial orders the more items in an order the greater potential of a longer lead time.