Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belt Sander Advice

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Of course.

It would help to know where you are so that we can recommend places. No use telling you about a place you need to get on an airplane to visit. You can edit your profile to give your location either generally or specifically.

Yes, belt sanders have fallen out of favor these days. Even at real tool stores. They're going to show what sells, and belt sanders aren't hot ticket items. Makita just discontinued a 3x18 gem in my eyes. Was @100 bucks, light with plenty of power and decent dust collection if you could find an adapter. Rockler has a couple of Triton models, might be worth a look if near you. I'd say just get a used Porter Cable in good condition if you're really set on having a quality belt sander. Or, a used Bosch.
    Thanks Dave. i'm near clinton, nj.

Is Philly too far ?

There's Eagle, MLCS and a Woodcraft there. Diamond Tool is pro level equipment but they have a good selection of handheld power tools inside too.

Woodcraft in Allentown is closest to the OP...straight across the river on I-78 to the correct exit and a few additional feet to the store in a shopping center.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

ive seen the rockwells on Ebay before and one on there now. ITs at 85.00 US right now, then looks like they nail you on shipping. Never bought tools off Ebay but did buy a car.

Capture.jpg