Thread: Hager Wood Lathes

Hager Wood Lathes

Has anyone here seen them ? Can't find a dealer in the USA for them.

I hadn't heard of them. They've got a nice web site and complete catalog online. Why don't you call or email them and ask?

They are made in Germany, don’t know if they import into the US.

I'm pretty sure they have telephones in Germany.

They do list a phone number. And an email request.
    I'm curious, why the interest? There are many many lathe choices available here. Especially at that price range. Can't understand the specs, so I don't know what to compare to.
    If you can't easily find a dealer, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will get zero support should you have problems and/or require parts.

It is an interesting company as their main interest is in machinery for various engineering industries. CNC machinery is big on their agenda. They are situated a couple of kilometres from the Austrian border in Germany. We were on a cycling trip along the river that separates the two countries and a couple of us made a side trip to drop into their showrooms, this was some years ago now.

Pretty much it is a typical German machine shop, super precision and stuff on an industrial scale. Their wood lathes run from what most of us could or would have, through to 400V units with CNC duplicating attachments that will extend as deep as your pockets are. Looking at their website they have one lathe running on 230V, which is now common throughout the world, the rest are all 400V units.

Kyle, their website is in English so I'm not too sure what specifications you cannot understand.

Mick.