Thread: Oneway chucks

Oneway chucks

Does anyone know if the key for Oneway Talon and Stronghold chucks are the same? Ie will one work on the other. I have 5 chucks and 4 keys (two are Stronghold) and would like to maybe buy a Talon and sell one or two of the other brands but would really like it if I could interchange the key. By the way I guess it's my age but when I use different chucks that open and close opposite i can never remember which way to turn the key and this is another reason I'd like to have the all operate the same way.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

The chuck keys are not interchangeable.

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *

I have both the talon and the stronghold and the keys are not the same.
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Thanks everyone. I currently have five chucks and 4 keys and was thinking of selling a couple and replacing them with the Talon hoping that the key would be the same as the Stronghold. I am still planning to get one or two. Part of my reasoning is the Oneway open and close in one direction and the other three open and close in the opposite direction and when doing small fragile parts I often tighten when I want to loosen! Thanks again for your help.
    Pete

Following right along with this question if anyone has a moment to help? Are the jaws for these two chucks interchangeable?
    Pete