Thread: FS Lie Nielson #4 and Lee Valley Bevel Up smoother Planes

FS Lie Nielson #4 and Lee Valley Bevel Up smoother Planes

For sales 2 smoothing planes. Lee Nielsen #4 smoother plane, iron with 45 frog. Has been an excellent user for me but time to thin the herd. Currently listed at $300 on the website. For sale $265 plus shipping.

Lee Valley bevel up smoother (the larger one) A2 blade with replacement slow adjustment screw. Great shape, excellent user. This on website for $242. For sale $215 plus shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	434255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	434256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	434257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	434258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	434259

Send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll write you back with ETA, tracking number and total cost. PayPal or check whatever's easiest for you.

Best, Mike

Price reduction:

Lee Nielsen #4, now $235, $65 less than list price.

Lee Valley bevel up smoother now $200, $42 less than list price.

Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks for looking!, Mike

MIke-
    Sorry, I have these planes. I am curious, though: If you are selling these, what do you use as a smoother?

Hey Prashun,

I still have quite a few metal finish planes- current favorites are LV "custom" #4 (not sure what they really call it) with 50 degree blade angle and the slow speed adjuster, also a replica Norris #4 infill I built from a kit. Over past 40 years have acquired more planes than any one person can reasonably use so - now 2 full tills. Time to pass some along to someone who will appreciate them. I can't give them away but am happy to accept an offer.

I've gravitated lately more towards shop built wooden planes. I like the lighter weight and the way they glide over the work surface. My journey towards wooden planes was started by the purchase of a Steve Voight jack that shoots full length beautiful shaving unobstructed right out of the top of the plane. Beautifully made, super functional! helped me realize the subtleties of wedge, mouth and wear angle surfaces that I think really make a difference in performance.

Selling these to make room for beech smoother with handle I just finished with 2" wide O1 blade and cap iron

Cheers, Mike

Final price reduction. These are excellent finished smoother planes from leading manufacturers Lee Valley and Lee Nielsen I just don't have room for them anymore. Help a brother out to come off my hands?

Lee Nielsen #4 smoother plane, iron with 45 frog. Currently listed at $300 on the website. For sale $215 plus shipping.

Lee Valley bevel up smoother (the larger one) A2 blade with replacement slow adjustment screw. This on website for $242. For sale $180 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking!

Best, Mike

PM went for the Lee Valley plane.

PM-ed for the Lie Nielsen #4.

Both planes are sold – thanks guys!