Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stench of decomp.

The stench of decomp.

Something made its way under my deck and died. It’s really putting the damper on Friday cocktail hour. It looks like I have an unpleasant fishing trip on my slate for tomorrow.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

An old farmer's trick is VicksVapoRub under your nose.

Years ago I shot a ground hog. It took off running to next door. Should have used a 9mm instead of a 22.
    Several days later Russ was pulling up deck boards to find where the stink was coming from. It took us about an hour to find it.

Several months ago a rat got under our manufactured house and died, the stench was awful, we got it out right away (a few days) but the stench lasted over two week even with several order absorbers in the room. Luckily it was under our guest room. The stench obviosly penatrated the insulation in our belly warp.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Something made its way under my deck and died. It’s really putting the damper on Friday cocktail hour. It looks like I have an unpleasant fishing trip on my slate for tomorrow.
    That's not fun. Time to get out that full face respirator with gas/organic cartridge filters. Maybe be glad it's not a dead skunk.

25 years ago my wife said there was a bad smell in the laundry room in the basement. A few days later she said there was a REALLY bad smell. I got one of the boys to locate it - coming from a window well with a rebar grate covered by a low deck with no access. It turned out our cat was catching squirrels and dropping them into the window well for safe keeping. I fished eight dead squirrels out, put them in a bucket, and threw the bucket down into the woods.

Actually, I was proud of the cat. A cat has to be a pretty good hunter to catch even one squirrel. Once I watched it climb a tree and sneak out on a limb and grab a squirrel by the tail. The squirrel got away. The cat scampered down the tree and brought me a big tuff of squirrel tail fur.

JKJ

Based on the title, I was assuming the thread was going to be about politics.

Edwin

Smells about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Smells about the same.
    Where's the 'like' button when ya need it! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Based on the title, I was assuming the thread was going to be about politics.

Edwin
    Don't get me started......

So, Rob, what was it???

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    So, Rob, what was it???
    We didn’t find it. Looked under the deck with a five cell mag light and saw nothing except a couple of woodchuck holes. We’ll be throwing some mothballs in those. I may have to pull up a few deck planks.

12. I got that beat !!

Picture a 4 Ounce bottle of PURE SKUNK ESSENCE and a 4 Ounce bottle of Long Distance Coyote lure both falling off your Table Saw , busting open; when it hit the concrete Basement floor. I had just set the open box on the Table Saw , to get space cleared to put the lures in the Cabinet. I had to move 1 board , JUST 1 BOARD OUT OF THE WAY!!! Swing the Board back , and the next thing I heard , was the sound of glass breaking as they hit the Concrete ! The Basement had a bit of a smell for the next Week !!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    I got that beat !!

Picture a 4 Ounce bottle of PURE SKUNK ESSENCE and a 4 Ounce bottle of Long Distance Coyote lure ...
    Do you set traps for coyote? I have some large live traps and bought coyote lure, bobcat urine, and some other things but darn, for some reason the coyotes don't come around here. Maybe it's the llamas.

Caught plenty of other things in the traps, though.

fox.jpg

JKJ

Picture a 4 Ounce bottle of PURE SKUNK ESSENCE and a 4 Ounce bottle of Long Distance Coyote lure both falling off your Table Saw , busting open; when it hit the concrete Basement floor.
    (Adds to list of things that should be kept in plastic bottles.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I got that beat !!

Picture a 4 Ounce bottle of PURE SKUNK ESSENCE and a 4 Ounce bottle of Long Distance Coyote lure both falling off your Table Saw , busting open; when it hit the concrete Basement floor. I had just set the open box on the Table Saw , to get space cleared to put the lures in the Cabinet. I had to move 1 board , JUST 1 BOARD OUT OF THE WAY!!! Swing the Board back , and the next thing I heard , was the sound of glass breaking as they hit the Concrete ! The Basement had a bit of a smell for the next Week !!
    What does one use "PURE SKUNK ESSENCE" for? Only thing I can come up is evil deeds & have no desire to do that to someone. That would cause a lot of industrial English to be used by me if that accident were to occur to me & then more profanity while cleaning up. Yuck.