Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie Nielsen Tools

Lie Nielsen Tools

This is a hard post but needs to be done. I just received orders overseas and have decided to sell some of my tools. I am too afraid to put them into military storage for four years and for them to all come out rusted or lost. All tools have been used and well cared for. I will try and post photos this evening or can send them directly to you if you want. Prices are firm at the moment because I know what I have into them and you cant get anything better than these tools. The chisels are near new. My wife purchased me a very fine set of Japanese chisels and I have primarily used them for everything.

Lie Nielson Mortise in the following sizes - 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2. I would like to sell all of these for $275 Shipped. These are in near new condition with no wear to the handles and only have been sharpened once.

Lie Nielson Bevel Edge Socket Chisel in the following sizes 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4. I would like to get $250 Shipped and these are in near new condition with no wear to the handles and only have been sharpened once. Sold and thank you Bob.

Lie Nielson No. 4 Smooth Plane - Sold and thank you Luke.

Lie Nielson No. 7 Corrugated Bottom with Box - $375 Shipped

Lie Nielson No. 4-1/2 Smooth Plane with Box - $300 Shipped

Lie Nielson No. 60-1/2 with Box - $150 Shipped

Lie Nielson No. 40-1/2 Scrub Plane with Sock - $150 Shipped

Lie Nielson Boggs Curved Spokeshave with Box - Sold and thank you Robert

Veritas Large router with Fence and 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1/2 Spear Point maybe with a box if I can find it - $250 Shipped

WoodRiver Standard Block Hand Plane with Adjustable Mouth with Box - $100 Shipped

Old but good Timber Frame Chisels - T.H Witherby 2 inch with handle, Buck Brothers 1 inch new handle, A.W Crossman 3/4 no handle and 3/8 with handle all heavy duty. Probably want photos for these. $150 shipped for all 4.
    Last edited by Jason Hewitt; 06-02-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Hi,

Im interested in the framing chisels. Can you send me some pics?

Sent you a PM. If anyone has advice on how to upload photos that would be great.

I'm interested in the "Lie Nielson Boggs Curved Spokeshave with Box - $120 Shipped"

at the top of the Quick Repy screen there is a tool bar. When you click on the third icon from the left (to the left of the little film strip icon) you will get the screen shown below.
    Click on the line that says "From Computer." Will then have to find you picture on you computer. Highlight the image file and choose select. Then go back to the "insert Image" box and be sure to click on "Upload File(s)". You may not see image but You can then preview you post by clicking on the Preview button on the posting page.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Insert Image

From Computer From URL
    Add an Image from your computer

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    Upload File(s)
    Last edited by Ron Kanter; 06-01-2020 at 7:43 PM.

If you think you will still be interested in woodworking after your overseas tour, it might be better to keep the tools, as you will likely not be able to replace them for what you have already invested. Speaking from experience, I put all of my hand and power tools in non-temporary storage (NTS) when I was received orders for Germany in 1997. My assignment was for three years, but this eventually turned into twenty-two years, but my command kept paying the NTS fees every year.

I cleared out my NTS boxes last year when I retired. The crates were stored in an environmentally-controlled warehouse in Virginia, and none of my tools had any signs of rust when I unpacked them.

Robert,

It is a hard one for sure and one I will probably regret. Fortunately, I have a loving wife that understands that I have an addiction to tools. Also I think I sold a No. 164 to you last year or so. It was shipped to Germany and I do miss that hand plane.

Jason, first, good luck on your transfer!

Next, Lie-Nielsen sells Uniwrap, paper that effectively resists rust. It’s what they ship tools in. You can find it in their site under Tool Care.

Third, PM sent on the bevel edge socket chisels.
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 06-01-2020 at 9:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    If you think you will still be interested in woodworking after your overseas tour, it might be better to keep the tools, as you will likely not be able to replace them for what you have already invested. Speaking from experience, I put all of my hand and power tools in non-temporary storage (NTS) when I was received orders for Germany in 1997. My assignment was for three years, but this eventually turned into twenty-two years, but my command kept paying the NTS fees every year.

I cleared out my NTS boxes last year when I retired. The crates were stored in an environmentally-controlled warehouse in Virginia, and none of my tools had any signs of rust when I unpacked them.
    Mike, it must have been fun to rediscover your tools after 22 years. I think I'm beginning to understand why you took more than one course with David Charlesworth last year!

Interested in the 3/8" bevel edge if you end up splitting them up.

Looks like the bevel edge chisels will be going to Bob. If something falls through I will let you know if I decide to split them up.

Thanks, Jason. Let me know about my PM question and well move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hewitt View Post
    Robert,

It is a hard one for sure and one I will probably regret. Fortunately, I have a loving wife that understands that I have an addiction to tools. Also I think I sold a No. 164 to you last year or so. It was shipped to Germany and I do miss that hand plane.
    Not Robert, but yes, I bought your LN 164 plane last February.

I wish you and your wife the best on your upcoming assignment!

Jason, It would be easy to wrap your tools in the paper described above, get a dessicant pack and store them all in a 20mm ammo can. Completely sealed from any outside everything. I too spent time in the military and had a lot of my tools stored that way. Worked perfectly.

You have a PM from Horseneck Beach.